Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What can I do,if I want windows me and unix stay in the same computer? Post 674 by PxT on Saturday 6th of January 2001 12:54:15 PM
Old 01-06-2001
I'm assuming you only have 1 hard drive in the machine. You will need to repartition it so that you have a second partition available to install your operating system. There is a program called <A HREF="http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/">Partition Magic</A> which will do this without destroying any of your data. I have used it under Win2k with absolutely no problems. You'll have to check the docs to find out about Windows ME support though.

Alternative is to install a 2nd hard drive and use that...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how do you get 2 windows off your computer

i have windows 2000 professional and windows 98 on my computer but i onle want 1:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_king
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in pentium computer

Haw Can I install a solaris in my own pc at home I have try but every time it is just boot to windows what should I do about it so I can Have it at my home pc thanks All The best . . . . . . om911ar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omar911
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix server will not stay up on the network

:mad: Hello, I am a beginner at UNIX. I have a server running SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.0 Every morning this week the server has been down. I have to Hardboot her to get her back online. What commands can I do to help me diagnose what is going on? This is urgent....thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jback
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Unix on my Windows based computer

Hi Everyone... I am very interested in the Unix/Linux/Knoppix world and would like to eventually become proficient in the programming aspect of it all. Is it possible to use Knoppix in a partitioned drive on my Windows based computer to learn programming in Unix? Or do I need to partition my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rev. Enant
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX on windows based computer.

Hello, We would like to perform tests on a product that my company created lately. We don't have the right hardware for AIX enviornment I've read the thred "Unix environments for MS Windows", but didn't see there a possibility to install AIX OS on a special compatible hardware. We've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshkA
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New computer for Unix-based OS's -- need help deciding

Hello. I'm in the market for a new computer (a laptop, for certain), and I was considering buying a high-end PC (I have a black MacBook right now). I've been wanting to experiment with Unix-based OS's (for developing mainly -- I'm a developer/programmer -- but for other purposes as well). I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tron55555
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying from remote SunOS to local Windows 7 computer

Can someone please help me with copying from remote computer to local computer? I have Winscp installed but for some reason i can seem to get into the server using winscp. I am currently logged on to the server, so its not a case of remote host unavailable. I really am not sure if the syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub(8), update-grub(8). The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB-INSTALL(8)