Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to override natting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to override natting Post 67233 by Perderabo on Tuesday 22nd of March 2005 03:04:37 AM
Old 03-22-2005
Cut and paste the line that is causing you trouble. This is a simple quoting problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Override protection.....

I am having this problem......when I run this script: print -n "Enter file name to be deleted: " read answer if then rm $name else echo "No such file with the name: $name exists" fi I was trying to test my script for errors, and basically when the user had files with the rights: 400,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaveli.2003
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Override

Hi My computer of late started misbehaving. Whenever I switch it on It say Override and then it takes long to boot. Surprising is that it opens excel automatic. What could be that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mulo
1 Replies

3. AIX

date override

When the aix date function is called by a routine, is the date function 'aware' of the name of the routine that is calling it, such that if we had the source code of the date function, we could modify it so that it provides a date to the caller depending upon the identity of the calling routine.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerry shacter
1 Replies

4. Programming

override the function in C

hi , greetings , I have one doubt reg the C functions . I have a program sample.c , in which i have function name scanf , which reads a a variable and prints the variable inside the function . this scanf is nothing to do with C library function scanf , but i would like to use only user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to override my profile

I would like to override the default profile which is loaded when the system starts or When I run a program so that profile should get loaded in the settings. Is there any system call to do so. . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

can getopts be used to override user input in a script

I have a script which takes user input as options provided PS3="Select option to do deploy : " select OPTION in "eardeploy" "hotdeploy" do case $OPTION in "eardeploy" ) eardeploy.sh break;; "hotdeploy" ) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codeman007
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you override root shell?

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the logic of my user shell and root shell :confused: This might be best illustrated with an example. If I log into the linux host I'm using and run the following: -bash-3.2$ which python /usr/local/bin/python I now run sudo bash to become root and run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuchulainn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

override protection 644 (yes/no)?

Hi pls help me out to short out this problem rm PAB113_011.out rm: PAB113_011.out: override protection 644 (yes/no)? n If i give y it remove the file. But i added the rm command as a part of ksh file and i tried to remove the file. Its not removing and the the file prompting as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Override options of rm command

How can i override options of rm command ?? and how can i implement my own options when we delete file using rm commad it will not delete file it has to move some folder....plz suggest some solution. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to override Classpath?

Hi, When I login to my HP-UX and fire the "set" command I see that the weblogic 9.2 classpath is already set. However, I wish to override the classpath to weblogic version 10.3 I have a script call setWLSEnv.sh that has the desired classpath. Thus, in my unix script i write .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
PASTE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  PASTE(1)

NAME
paste -- merge corresponding or subsequent lines of files SYNOPSIS
paste [-s] [-d list] file ... DESCRIPTION
The paste utility concatenates the corresponding lines of the given input files, replacing all but the last file's newline characters with a single tab character, and writes the resulting lines to standard output. If end-of-file is reached on an input file while other input files still contain data, the file is treated as if it were an endless source of empty lines. The options are as follows: -d list Use one or more of the provided characters to replace the newline characters instead of the default tab. The characters in list are used circularly, i.e., when list is exhausted the first character from list is reused. This continues until a line from the last input file (in default operation) or the last line in each file (using the -s option) is displayed, at which time paste begins selecting characters from the beginning of list again. The following special characters can also be used in list: newline character tab character \ backslash character Empty string (not a null character). Any other character preceded by a backslash is equivalent to the character itself. -s Concatenate all of the lines of each separate input file in command line order. The newline character of every line except the last line in each input file is replaced with the tab character, unless otherwise specified by the -d option. If '-' is specified for one or more of the input files, the standard input is used; standard input is read one line at a time, circularly, for each instance of '-'. EXIT STATUS
The paste utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
List the files in the current directory in three columns: ls | paste - - - Combine pairs of lines from a file into single lines: paste -s -d ' ' myfile Number the lines in a file, similar to nl(1): sed = myfile | paste -s -d ' ' - - Create a colon-separated list of directories named bin, suitable for use in the PATH environment variable: find / -name bin -type d | paste -s -d : - SEE ALSO
cut(1), lam(1) STANDARDS
The paste utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A paste command appeared in Version 32V AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 25, 2004 BSD