Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to recover Hp-ux O/S Disk from Mirro Disk Post 67189 by Perderabo on Monday 21st of March 2005 05:08:33 PM
Old 03-21-2005
Kelam_Magus, I've done this at least a dozen times with mirrored root disks. You just swap the physical disk and it will resync.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover DIsk and make bootable

Hello all, I'm trying to recover from backup file to a new system with a new disk. I'm able to partition my new hard drive the same way as my old drive, but I'm unable to boot off of it. I have set the fdisk to toogle as a boot flag. But it does not seem to be working. Does anyone know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

2. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

3. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Recover failed system disk

I have an oldish Solaris 10 system (SunFire x4240), which due to a recent heating event in the server room, lost it's system disk. I have rsync backups of all the other (data) disks, but apparently I do not have a backup of /. :-( I can start the machine up in failsafe mode, but running fsck on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jj5406
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
RP(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     RP(4)

NAME
rp - RP-11/RP03 moving-head disk DESCRIPTION
The files rp0 ... rp7 refer to sections of RP disk drive 0. The files rp8 ... rp15 refer to drive 1 etc. This allows a large disk to be broken up into more manageable pieces. The origin and size of the pseudo-disks on each drive are as follows: disk start length 0 0 81000 1 0 5000 2 5000 2000 3 7000 74000 4-7 unassigned Thus rp0 covers the whole drive, while rp1, rp2, rp3 can serve usefully as a root, swap, and mounted user file system respectively. The rp files access the disk via the system's normal buffering mechanism and may be read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a `raw' interface which provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A single read or write call results in exactly one I/O operation and therefore raw I/O is considerably more efficient when many words are transmitted. The names of the raw RP files begin with rrp and end with a number which selects the same disk section as the corresponding rp file. In raw I/O the buffer must begin on a word boundary. FILES
/dev/rp?, /dev/rrp? SEE ALSO
hp(4) BUGS
In raw I/O read and write(2) truncate file offsets to 512-byte block boundaries, and write scribbles on the tail of incomplete blocks. Thus, in programs that are likely to access raw devices, read, write and lseek(2) should always deal in 512-byte multiples. RP(4)