Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to run a script when your computer is idle Post 67037 by chek on Sunday 20th of March 2005 07:21:38 PM
Old 03-20-2005
You have to learn some how

That's fine, thats the whole point of community.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Is there a script available to kill Idle users

My max user parm is set to 1050. I'm currently at 1038 this is causing major slow downs on the server. I looking for a way log off "idle" user logins with out having to do it individually. :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfmurphy_6
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I run something as root (modprobe, to be exact) every time computer starts.

I have the root password for my box, but I'm ignorant. So, every time I start my computer, I have to run this command /sbin/modprobe fuse as su, so that I can do other stuff (like mount remote directories locally using sshfs) I guess there's some file, like .bashrc, only it's applicable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process when the computer is idle?

Hi there, I wrote a script that scans a folder for new files. I don't want to run it at specific times but only when the computer is NOT busy. I tried to use nice but it doesn't really work. I mean, even if my process has less priority, it still slows down the other processes. I did a test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

4. AIX

Kill IDLE Process using script !!!

Dear Friends , I am using DB2 database in AIX 5.3 server . In my server some IDLE process are generated after several times which I need to kill it manually each and every time . The process I query like following : root@bagpuss $ ps auxw|sort -r +3|head -10 USER PID %CPU %MEM ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to idle before executing a script

Hi I want to put a timer or whatever it could be ,a similar to sleep which will make the script to wait before executing it self like #!/bin/bash sleep 30 #or another comand which will wait 30 s. and than proceed with code but that timer should not freeze the OS . shell code ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain!ac
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

idle% cpu and run queue

Hi Everybody, Can anybody explain how CPU idle% is about 50%, but runq-sz more than 1? sar from Solaris 10: 00:00:05 %usr %sys %wio %idle 17:00:08 27 12 0 61 17:20:05 40 15 0 45 17:40:05 27 12 0 61 18:00:05 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill idle Process using a script

Hi, I need a script that can automatically kill all processes named "webrepn" and "webrebw" if idle for more than 30 minutes. Then I will have a Cron Job to run the script every night or 2-3 times a day depends on how this script helps. Right now, I run "ps -ef | grep webrebn" and "kill -9... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaggieL
7 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script when computer resume from being sleep state

I use this as a startup program. Is there a way that it could run when my computer returns from a sleep state? Cpu_LogFile="/home/andy/bin/CPU_Fan_Info.txt" date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S" >> $Cpu_LogFile sensors -f | grep "temp4" >> $Cpu_LogFile sensors -f | grep "fan1" >> $Cpu_LogFile (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Activate command when computer is idle

I would like to run a command if my computer is idle. I found this, but is not quite working. #!/bin/sh idletime=$(xprintidle) threshold=300000 # 5 min = 5 * 60 * 1000 ms if ; then echo "idle for 5 minutes." fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
SNMPWALKOID(3)								 1							    SNMPWALKOID(3)

snmpwalkoid - Query for a tree of information about a network entity

SYNOPSIS
array snmpwalkoid (string $hostname, string $community, string $object_id, [int $timeout = 1000000], [int $retries = 5]) DESCRIPTION
snmpwalkoid(3) function is used to read all object ids and their respective values from an SNMP agent specified by $hostname. The existence of snmpwalkoid(3) and snmpwalk(3) has historical reasons. Both functions are provided for backward compatibility. Use snm- prealwalk(3) instead. PARAMETERS
o $hostname - The SNMP agent. o $community - The read community. o $object_id - If NULL, $object_id is taken as the root of the SNMP objects tree and all objects under that tree are returned as an array. If $object_id is specified, all the SNMP objects below that $object_id are returned. o $timeout - The number of microseconds until the first timeout. o $retries - The number of times to retry if timeouts occur. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array with object ids and their respective object value starting from the $object_id as root or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 snmpwalkoid(3) Example <?php $a = snmpwalkoid("127.0.0.1", "public", ""); for (reset($a); $i = key($a); next($a)) { echo "$i: $a[$i]<br /> "; } ?> Above function call would return all the SNMP objects from the SNMP agent running on localhost. One can step through the values with a loop SEE ALSO
snmpwalk(3). PHP Documentation Group SNMPWALKOID(3)