Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems?? Post 66935 by marty 600 on Friday 18th of March 2005 07:29:59 AM
Old 03-18-2005
Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All,

New to this Web site stuff.

Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC

Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server.

Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002:
* Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site.
* There won't be any MS ACCESS links etc.
* I hope to use MySQL backend simple database etc. instead

Will there be problems getting this "WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002" web site to work properly on an apache Web server?

I really just want to knock up the Basic layout, then maybe stick in the PHP/PERL Tags myself etc. (Once I learn what I'm doing! Smilie )

Please advise
Martin

PS:
Great site - very intuitive for a UNIX newbie! Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies
SVN::Web::ConfigData(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVN::Web::ConfigData(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Web::ConfigData - Configuration for SVN::Web SYNOPSIS
use SVN::Web::ConfigData; $value = SVN::Web::ConfigData->config('foo'); $value = SVN::Web::ConfigData->feature('bar'); @names = SVN::Web::ConfigData->config_names; @names = SVN::Web::ConfigData->feature_names; SVN::Web::ConfigData->set_config(foo => $new_value); SVN::Web::ConfigData->set_feature(bar => $new_value); SVN::Web::ConfigData->write; # Save changes DESCRIPTION
This module holds the configuration data for the "SVN::Web" module. It also provides a programmatic interface for getting or setting that configuration data. Note that in order to actually make changes, you'll have to have write access to the "SVN::Web::ConfigData" module, and you should attempt to understand the repercussions of your actions. METHODS
config($name) Given a string argument, returns the value of the configuration item by that name, or "undef" if no such item exists. feature($name) Given a string argument, returns the value of the feature by that name, or "undef" if no such feature exists. set_config($name, $value) Sets the configuration item with the given name to the given value. The value may be any Perl scalar that will serialize correctly using "Data::Dumper". This includes references, objects (usually), and complex data structures. It probably does not include transient things like filehandles or sockets. set_feature($name, $value) Sets the feature with the given name to the given boolean value. The value will be converted to 0 or 1 automatically. config_names() Returns a list of all the names of config items currently defined in "SVN::Web::ConfigData", or in scalar context the number of items. feature_names() Returns a list of all the names of features currently defined in "SVN::Web::ConfigData", or in scalar context the number of features. auto_feature_names() Returns a list of all the names of features whose availability is dynamically determined, or in scalar context the number of such features. Does not include such features that have later been set to a fixed value. write() Commits any changes from "set_config()" and "set_feature()" to disk. Requires write access to the "SVN::Web::ConfigData" module. AUTHOR
"SVN::Web::ConfigData" was automatically created using "Module::Build". "Module::Build" was written by Ken Williams, but he holds no authorship claim or copyright claim to the contents of "SVN::Web::ConfigData". perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 SVN::Web::ConfigData(3pm)