Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Toshiba laptop
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Toshiba laptop Post 6688 by ober5861 on Monday 10th of September 2001 09:25:47 AM
Old 09-10-2001
umm... stupid question, I know... but have you played with the display settings after changing resolutions? (ie. screen width/height, etc.. ??) I dont' know what else to tell you. Maybe Mandrake hates Toshiba.. Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO 5.0.5 and Toshiba eStudio

Hi there guys and gals. I have me a near new Toshiba eStudio 2500c. I am having problems however. i cannot print landscape? portrait comes out fine. I have followed the Instructions on install to the letter. when i print i try the following lp -dToshibal -o LANDSCAPE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: togashiando
6 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Help in installing UBuntu 7.10 in Toshiba Tecra A8(Vista business)

Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop with preinstalled Vista Business license. I would like to install UBuntu 7.10 as another OS. However, I have some doubts:- i) I am not sure whether do the above model supports Linux/Ubuntu in terms of compatibility. So far, I googled and knew... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

can't install solaris 10 on toshiba laptop

i had a toshiba laptop ( satellite L20 - 100) and i'm trying to install solaris 10 ...but it doesn't complete the setup from the very first begining it gives me this msg: unable to reset device //pci@0,0/pci1179,ff31@1d,2 can anybody help me installing solaris on the pc??? also can the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimydoom
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Toshiba Laptop Won't Run Bluetooth with Ubuntu

I am running Ubuntu 8.1 on a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 with built-in Bluetooth hardware. I cannot get the Bluetooth hardware to work with my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I have installed the tosh software with no luck. Does anyone have an idea as to what to try. I have several kernel mods... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjloeb
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

How is the after sales Service of HP,Dell & Toshiba in India?

Since i was planning to buy a laptop i was just wondering how Problematic these brands products are and how is the after sales service & warranty issues in India(Delhi). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leyvanom
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies
XQueryBestSize(3X11)						     MIT X11R4						      XQueryBestSize(3X11)

Name
       XQueryBestSize, XQueryBestTile, XQueryBestStipple - determine efficient sizes

Syntax
       Status XQueryBestSize(display, class, which_screen, width, height, width_return, height_return)
	  Display *display;
	  int class;
	  Drawable which_screen;
	  unsigned int width, height;
	  unsigned int *width_return, *height_return;

Status XQueryBestTile(display, which_screen, width, height, width_return, height_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Drawable which_screen;

Status XQueryBestStipple(display, which_screen, width, height, width_return, height_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Drawable which_screen;

Arguments
       class	 Specifies the class that you are interested in.  You can pass or

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

width
       height	 Specify the width and height.

which_screen
		 Specifies any drawable on the screen.

width_return
       height_return
		 Return the width and height of the object best supported by the display hardware.

Description
       The function returns the best or closest size to the specified size.  For this is the largest size that can be fully displayed on the
       screen specified by which_screen.  For this is the size that can be tiled fastest.  For this is the size that can be stippled fastest.  For
       the drawable indicates the desired screen.  For and the drawable indicates the screen and possibly the window class and depth.  An window
       cannot be used as the drawable for or or a error results.

can generate and errors.

The function returns the best or closest size, that is, the size that can be tiled fastest on the screen specified by which_screen.  The
       drawable indicates the screen and possibly the window class and depth.  If an window is used as the drawable, a error results.

can generate and errors.

The function returns the best or closest size, that is, the size that can be stippled fastest on the screen specified by which_screen.  The
       drawable indicates the screen and possibly the window class and depth.  If an window is used as the drawable, a error results.

can generate and errors.

Diagnostics
       An	 window is used as a Drawable.

A value for a Drawable argument does not name a defined Window or Pixmap.

The values do not exist for an
		 window.

Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request.
		 Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument
		 defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error.

See Also
       XCreateGC(3X11), XSetArcMode(3X11), XSetClipOrigin(3X11), XSetFillStyle(3X11), XSetFont(3X11), XSetLineAttributes(3X11), XSetState(3X11),
       XSetTile(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XQueryBestSize(3X11)