Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GNU tar on SUN 9
Operating Systems Solaris GNU tar on SUN 9 Post 66875 by ECBROWN on Thursday 17th of March 2005 01:46:47 PM
Old 03-17-2005
I agree with dangral. Most of the packages from the sunfreeware site installs in /usr/local/bin.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gnu tar on Solaris 8

Here is how I got where I am: I tried untarring tomcat and at the end of the untar I get the following: So I downloaded GNU tar and did a pkgadd -d, which installed the package. But when I run /usr/local/bin/tar, I get this message: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with GNU tar installation

Hi all, Need some help here. I've been trying to install GNU tar version 1.12 into my Solaris 9 machine. steps that I have done was: -untar the package file -run "./configure" -run "make" command (got stuck at this point) Got the following error messages after hitting the make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suffer0
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU tar automatic gz detection/decompression

I stumbled on this feature on a SLES10 system yesterday... if you tar tf filename.tar.gz or tar xf filename.tar.gz it automatically gunzips the data for you. Has this feature been around for a while? I have 1.12 on my system, which doesn't, but the 1.20 manual mentions it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annihilannic
3 Replies

4. AIX

GNU Tar with compression for AIX 4.2 already compiled ?

Is there a GNU Tar available with compression option available for AIX 4.2 that I can directly use (not having to compile anything, simple installation) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

extraction of directory and below using gnu tar

i need to restore everything in a certain directory and lower. I have a tgz archive of all of the files, and i need to restore everything in /user/home/xxxx/ and below. this is a users home directory. this is a dumb question and i know when i see the answer i am going to say DUH, but i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

6. AIX

GNU TAR vs NATIVE AIX TAR

Hello, Getting this very strange error, made tar/zip through gnu tar GNU Tar ( successful tar and zip without any errors ) /opt/freeware/bin/tar cvf - /oraapp| gzip > /backup/bkp_15_6_16_oraapp.tgz GNU unTar error root@test8:/>gunzip < /config1/bkp_15_6_16_oraapp.tgz |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies
GO-GET(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GO-GET(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go get [-a] [-d] [-fix] [-n] [-p n] [-u] [-v] [-x] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
Get downloads and installs the packages named by the import paths, along with their dependencies. When checking out or updating a package, get looks for a branch or tag that matches the locally installed version of Go. The most important rule is that if the local installation is running version "go1", get searches for a branch or tag named "go1". If no such version exists it retrieves the most recent version of the package. OPTIONS
-a, -n, -v, -x, -p The -a, -n, -v, -x, and -p flags have the same meaning as in 'go build' and 'go install'. See go-build(1). -d The -d flag instructs get to stop after downloading the packages; that is, it instructs get not to install the packages. -fix The -fix flag instructs get to run the fix tool on the downloaded packages before resolving dependencies or building the code. -u The -u flag instructs get to use the network to update the named packages and their dependencies. By default, get uses the network to check out missing packages but does not use it to look for updates to existing packages. For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). For more about how 'go get' finds source code to download, see go-remote(7). SEE ALSO
go-build(1), go-install(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-06-15 GO-GET(1)