Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Accessing a FTP Server hosted on Linux Post 66588 by Breen on Wednesday 16th of March 2005 04:35:43 AM
Old 03-16-2005
We resolved this, if anyone else expereices a similar problem the NAT configuration has a passive mode setting which needs to be deactivated before connecting to the Linux hosted FTP server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux ftp server

I have taken an old Pentium-75 Compaq with 32Mb memory, formatted the hard drive, and loaded Redhat 5.2 on it. All I really want is an ftp server to allow vendors to download files from it as they need them. I was told that these old pentiums with little memory would work well with Linux. The ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
2 Replies

2. Linux

Accessing FTP on Linux

Hi, I've setup an FTP server on my linux box (RH 9.0). I've configured so the vsftpd daemon is running in runlevel 5, etc. However, I have difficulty logging-on, as it will not authenticate any valid user (inlcuding anoymous). Everything seems ok in the /etc/vsftpd/vsftp.d.conf and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

accessing windows 2k3 partition from Linux Advance Server 3

Dear all i hav dual operating system ie windows 2003 and Red Hat Advance Server3 trying to mount windows partition on linux operating system using the following method 1)mkdir /mnt/windows 2)mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows mount: fs type ntf not supported by kernel and my kernel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

to stop the website hosted in apache ux server

Hi, we have some websites in ux servers and need to stop those websites i.e when users try to acess those websites they should not able to see those websites. we have to ideas one is .htaccess. from this we can redirect to existing 404page. and not sure if we rediredt to non- exixting page in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishan
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Linux Ftp Server

Hi Anyone out there know how to change the linux ftp server message. ftp> bye 221-You have transferred 0 bytes in 0 files. 221-Total traffic for this session was 197 bytes in 0 transfers. 221-Thank you for using the FTP service on kgsainss103. 221 Goodbye. the end message Goodbye. to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netxus
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

solaris or linux sftp/ftp-server

Hi, we have a big problem, history: we migrated our companies ftp and sftp-server, which were vsftp and openssh, to one server, software is called JSCAPE ftp server professional edition for the first time everything was great, but after one or two months, our uploads hang, 0 byte files are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing UNIX hosted web site remotely

Hi everyone- I'm relatively new to UNIX (Primarily Oracle background), wondering if anyone can help me. I did not configure Oracle Database Control (Web-Based admin interface) on the Database Server (HP-UX), however it is running and the URL is configured with an internal IP, which users have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: campbellg
4 Replies

8. AIX

FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .

HI , I'm facing the FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .It showing the messege "can't create ftp connection connectin refused".Though it is accessible from putty . i'm using aix version 6 . Can any one let me know the seetings needs to be made so that i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmkganesh
2 Replies

9. Linux

Problem in accessing Oracle Database Server from Linux Machine

I am facing a strange issue in connecting to Oracle database from Linux Machine - The connectivity is not failing all the time , the failure to success ratio is 1:70. - Error "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist" - Majority of the time the connection... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji kumar
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remoute hosted UNIX/Linux Machine Free

Hi Comrades, I am interested if there is the global internet network I can find free access to the Linux or unix server to create the own account to have some practice. Thanks a lot for your advice and comments. BR, Dembi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dembi
2 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)