Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers newbie need help to run java in UNIX Post 65889 by bhargav on Wednesday 9th of March 2005 11:54:53 PM
Old 03-10-2005
type

java on the command line and see what options do you have.

for classpath you have to append the class name for java
to find ccc.class.

and for classpath each jar or class is seperated by ; in windows and : in unix.

Since You are on windows ... try this.

Code:
java -classpath /home/share/postgresql/java/postgresql.jar;PATHOFCCC/ccc.class  ccc

Or do the same thing in by setting CLASSPATH environment variable.

in windows

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;PATHOFCCC\ccc.class

and run ccc.class as

java ccc

In unix ,
export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:PATHOFCCC/ccc.class

and

java ccc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a java file on UNIX?

HI, I want to run my .java file on a SunOS 5.8 Unix machine. The java file is writen with Ready to Program (Similar to Jbuilder) on a PC. Thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leotopia
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run the start script from the terminal? Newbie Time!

Hi, How do I "run a script"? I'm trying to start up some software called ElectroServer 3, and was told I just needed to "run the start script from the terminal to get things going". From the terminal, i use cd command to change to the software's directory, and I guess the script in question is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: waking_bear
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question: passing a variable into java from script?

I'm currently working on my second ever ksh script! So I apologize if this is a stupid question - I've searched the forum and on google and haven't seen anything :confused: I'm running my script with an input at startup that variable determines a couple of other values(int) that I store into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cailet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX newbie NEWBIE question!

Hello everyone, Just started UNIX today! In our school we use solaris. I just want to know how do I setup Solaris 10 not the GUI one, the one where you have to type the commands like ECHO, ls, pwd, etc... I have windows xp and I also have vmware. I hope I am not missing anything! :p (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanamachi
4 Replies

5. Programming

Run Unix commands from Java

Greeings all Im trying to excute a command from Java and direct the output to the main output screen or to another file .... can you please help with this ? can I use filewriter for this ? Here is my code.... import java.io.BufferedReader; import java.io.File; import java.io.FileWriter;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Java Run Time

I have installed IBM Java Runtime V1.4.2 in solaris. but when i give java -version, it gets me this:java version "1.5.0_20" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_20-b02) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_20-b02, mixed mode, sharing) can you please tell me how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
3 Replies

7. SuSE

HELP for Newbie: Unable to run GUI installer (Ubuntu client connected to SLES server)

Hello All, I'm using my Ubuntu 10.04 client connected via SSH to a SuSE Linux server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) version 11 patchlevel=1). I'm trying to run an install of WebSphere Portal but can't seem to be able to run the GUI installer. Running xclock as root returns this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartrait
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run java from shell

Hi All, I am trying to run a grep command which creates an output file. Then I will run a java file which take that file and process that. My java file uses other java files and library jars. I have tried below code but I am getting compilation error,it can not find other java files in same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compile and run java in UNIX?

Hi Im using MobaXterm Unix on my windows XP.I want to compile java in unix.I have installed java to the following path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09\bin In order to compile the java prog im typing the following command after entering into the bin directory: C:\Program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak3141
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing a script to run java commands in sequence in UNIX

Hi, Brand new to these forums, and I hope that someone can help me out. I'm trying to run the following command in UNIX java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T SplitSamFile -dt NONE -R reference.fa -I my.bam --outputRoot /my/path/SampleFiles/Sample_ It executes the SplitSamFile from GATK, but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wixaros
3 Replies
javap(1)						      General Commands Manual							  javap(1)

NAME
javap - Java class file disassembler SYNOPSIS
javap [ options ] class ... DESCRIPTION
The javap command disassembles a Java class file. The options determine the output. If no options are used, javap prints out the package, protected, and public fields and methods of the classes passed to it. The javap command displays its output to stdout. For example, com- pile the following class declaration: import java.awt.*; import java.applet.*; public class DocFooter extends Applet { String date; String email; public void init() { resize(500,100); date = getParameter("LAST_UPDATED"); email = getParameter("EMAIL"); } public void paint(Graphics g) { g.drawString(date + " by ",100, 15); g.drawString(email,290,15); } } The output from javap DocFooter yields: Compiled from DocFooter.java public class DocFooter extends java.applet.Applet { java.lang.String date; java.lang.String email; public void init(); public void paint(java.awt.Graphics); public DocFooter(); } OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Ensures backward compatibility with javap in JDK 1.1. -bootclasspath path Specifies path from which to load bootstrap classes. By default, the bootstrap classes are the classes implementing the core Java platform located in jre/lib/rt.jar and jre/lib/charsets.jar. -c Prints out disassembled code, that is, the instructions that comprise the Java bytecodes, for each of the methods in the class. These are documented in the Java Virtual Machine Specification. -classpath path Specifies the path javap uses to look up classes. Overrides the default or the CLASSPATH environment variable if it is set. Directories are separated by colons (:). Thus the general format for path is: .:<your_path> For example: .:/home/avh/classes:/usr/local/java/classes -extdirs dirs Overrides location at which installed extensions are searched. The default location for extensions is jre/lib/ext. -help Prints out help message for javap. -Jflag Passes flag directly to runtime system. javap -J-version javap -JJ-Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=MyPolicy MyClassName -l Displays line and local variable tables. -package Shows only package, protected, and public classes and members. This is the default. -private Shows all classes and members. -protected Shows only protected and public classes and members. -public Shows only public classes and members. -s Displays internal type signatures. -verbose Prints stack size, number of locals, and args for methods. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CLASSPATH Used to provide the system with a path to user-defined classes. Directories are separated by colons. For example: .:/home/avh/classes:/usr/local/java/classes SEE ALSO
java(1), javac(1), javadoc(1), javah(1), jdb(1) 13 June 2000 javap(1)