Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to figure out the size in MB for an informix database Post 6560 by nailk on Friday 7th of September 2001 04:23:20 AM
Old 09-07-2001
Hi Optimus,

I think, that it is not good idea to find solution in UNIX side, you can find SQL script for this:

database sysmaster;
select sum(nptotal) npt, sum(npused) npu
,dbsname dbn
from sysptnhdr h, sysptprof p
where h.partnum = p.partnum
-- and dbsname = "ert_refv211c"
and dbsname not like "sys%"
and dbsname not like "tmp%"
group by dbsname
into temp x;
select
npt,npu,dbn[1,9],
round (npt*2/1024,2) mb_total,
round (npu*2/1024,2) mb_used
from x;
select round(sum(npt)*2/1024,2) mbt, round(sum(npu)*2/1024) mb_u from x;
drop table x;

Sincerely,
nailk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accessing the informix database

How do I access Informix from unix? It's been about 2 years since I've last used unix and I've forgotten the command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbouknight
2 Replies

2. Solaris

database image size

hi , we are using Veritas netbackup 5 to backup all databases at our site. i noticed lately that a specific filesystem on the netbackup servers in running critically out of space , after some investigations i found that there are images that are increasing in size everytime a backup is taken .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix command to find the version of Informix database

Hi All Please let me know if there is command to check the version of the informix database installed..? Thanks in advance. Suresh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

know the size of database

Hi all , How to know the size of a oracle database running in hp-ux server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Database Size

Can anybody tell me how to look for the size of the database on the solariis servers. I am using Solaris 5.6 and Solaris 1.1.1 Any help will be appreciated.................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to identify the size of a informix db(in kb/mb)?

I just used the dbsize command to find the size, but i guess, it doesn't gets me what i look for. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Debian - Connect To Informix Database

Can anyone point me toward information on setting up a Debian server ODBC connection to an Informix server? I have a Windows server set up with the Informix drivers in ODBC and I'd like to do the same thing on Debian so that my Rails apps can query the database beneath our call-logging software. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badmoon75
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off pause... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies
sum(1)								   User Commands							    sum(1)

NAME
sum - print checksum and block count for a file SYNOPSIS
sum [-r] [file]... DESCRIPTION
The sum utility calculates and prints a 16-bit checksum for the named file and the number of 512-byte blocks in the file. It is typically used to look for bad spots, or to validate a file communicated over some transmission line. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -r Use an alternate (machine-dependent) algorithm in computing the checksum. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file A path name of a file. If no files are named, the standard input is used. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of sum when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of sum: LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned. 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNWesu | |CSI Enabled | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cksum(1), sum(1B), wc(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Read error is indistinguishable from end of file on most devices. Check the block count. NOTES
Portable applications should use cksum(1). sum and usr/ucb/sum (see sum(1B)) return different checksums. SunOS 5.11 7 Nov 1995 sum(1)