Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C function to test string or integer Post 65508 by Perderabo on Sunday 6th of March 2005 06:24:35 AM
Old 03-06-2005
You can use strtol to convert the string to an integer. strtol can report on the first invalid character. No invalid characters means the entire string was an integer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Integer to String

Which function should I use to convert an Integer to a String or Char format ? Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psilva
2 Replies

2. Programming

Function to return an array of integer

Hi all, I am trying to create a function that return an array of integer based on the char parameter pass into the function. I.e. func_a(char * str) { example str is equal to "1,2,3,4" return an array of integers of 1,2,3,4 } Please advise regards dwgi32 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

test the string is char or integer

How will test the string contains numeric character or alphabet, is there any script to test ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

integer to string

Hi all, is there an easy way to convert integer to string in bash? I have numbers like 1, 2, ..., 112, ... and I would like to get 001 002 003 004 ... Thank you, Sarah (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String to integer

I am on HP-UX using ksh in the script. MaxSal=`sqlplus -silent /nolog <<EOF connect / as sysdba whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select max(sal) from emp1; select max(sal) from emp2; select max(sal) from emp3; exit; EOF`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print smallest integer from file using awk custom function?

`awk` function looks like this in a file name `fun.awk`: { print small() } function small() { a=$0 smal=0 for(i=1;i<=3;i++) { if( a<a) smal=a else (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazerz
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Integer Test

Working out a small problem, I have a need of a Perl snippet which might look something like this: use integer; ... if ($changingNumber / 2) { do something; } else { do something else; } ... What I want to happen is for "if" to resolve as "true" every time a whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
3 Replies
mlib_ImageTestFlags(3MLIB)				    mediaLib Library Functions					mlib_ImageTestFlags(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_ImageTestFlags - test flags SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> int mlib_ImageTestFlags(const mlib_image *img, mlib_s32 flags); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_ImageTestFlags() function tests the flags for a combination of the following predefined characteristics. Note that the result of zero means the conditions are satisfied. MLIB_IMAGE_ALIGNED64 /* data address is 64-byte aligned */ MLIB_IMAGE_ALIGNED8 /* data address is 8-byte aligned */ MLIB_IMAGE_ALIGNED4 /* data address is 4-byte aligned */ MLIB_IMAGE_ALIGNED2 /* data address is 2-byte aligned */ MLIB_IMAGE_WIDTH8X /* width is multiple of 8 */ MLIB_IMAGE_WIDTH4X /* width is multiple of 4 */ MLIB_IMAGE_WIDTH2X /* width is multiple of 2 */ MLIB_IMAGE_HEIGHT8X /* height is multiple of 8 */ MLIB_IMAGE_HEIGHT4X /* height is multiple of 4 */ MLIB_IMAGE_HEIGHT2X /* height is multiple of 2 */ MLIB_IMAGE_STRIDE8X /* stride is multiple of 8 */ MLIB_IMAGE_ONEVECTOR /* stride is equal to width in bytes */ MLIB_IMAGE_USERALLOCATED /* data space has been allocated by user */ MLIB_IMAGE_ATTRIBUTESET /* image attribute flags have been set */ PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: img Pointer to a mediaLib image structure. flags Combination of a set of characteristics to be tested. It is formed by logically Oring one or more individual predefined characteristics. RETURN VALUES
The function returns an integer value containing results of test. Condition = 0 if satisfied; otherwise, Condition != 0. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_ImageGetFlags(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_ImageTestFlags(3MLIB)