Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl: sleeping during a command Post 65367 by effigy on Friday 4th of March 2005 08:04:19 PM
Old 03-04-2005
fixed.

Code:
use IO::Handle;
STDOUT->autoflush(1);
LOG->autoflush(1);

or (not tested, but as i understand it):
Code:
select STDOUT; $| = 1;
select LOG; $| = 1;

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to wakeup sleeping processes

Hi, Could someone please tell me how to wakeup sleeping processes? (i.e. change the process status from "S" to "R" when viewing in ps command). I ran a few programs in the background by "&" which went into "sleep" mode and I want them to run. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Steve (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to kill sleeping process

Hi, I'm trying to delete a sleeping process (parent ID is not 1) with "kill -9" command by the owner of the process (infodba) but it doesn't get killed. Is there any way of killing this process without killing the parent process or rebooting? (I'm using HP Unix B.11.11) $ ps -eflx | grep... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on sleeping the script

Hi all, How can i specify to sleep for 24 hours in a script Thanks Firestar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep process not sleeping!

I had a script executing every hour to kill a process. I used loop rather than cron to execute it periodically. But now when I am trying to kill that sleep process of 1 hour its not getting killed. it is taking a new PID everytime I kill. To disable the script commenting is the only option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep command not sleeping for specified time.

Hi, I have ascript with a recursive funtion below. I have mentioned to sleep for 60minutes but it doesnt doing so. Its keep on running until if /elif conditions satiesfies. Can you pls help what is wrong here. funcstatus () { if then echo "`date` - Current status... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddamja
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNU Linux sleeping processes in top command

hi all sleeping processes in the following output , are they doing anything , but consuming lot of sources, should I need to kill them , how to know , , what they are doing and the output says out of 260 processes only 9 are running , and 251 are sleeping , what does the sleeping means, can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Signal trapped during read resumes sleeping

Greetings. This is my first post in this forum; I hope y'all find it useful. One caveat: "Concise" is my middle name. NOT! :D I am almost done with a shell script that runs as a daemon. It monitors a message log that is frequently written to by a database server but it it works my client will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakesalomon
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)