Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Performance Monitor
Operating Systems AIX Performance Monitor Post 64947 by TioTony on Wednesday 2nd of March 2005 11:06:49 PM
Old 03-03-2005
There are too many to name. I don't want to persuade you into a product you don't need. Seach the web and you should be able to find several. I also work for a company that makes several of them and don't want to be biased.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

API about system performance monitor

Hello, there. We want to write application on HP-UX to monitor system resource,such as CPU,Network Traffic Load,Disk Usage,etc. Anyone know these API functions except the system command ? thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor: Read from the monitor

Hello, I would like to write a script that use the display as an input. In the display there is a list of file. I want to use it as an array and this would be the input in my script. Does somebody know how do I make it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig8
2 Replies

4. AIX

Tool to monitor the performance of the system ..

Dear experts , Pls advice for any good Tool to monitor the CPU and performance of AIX the system .. to keep monitoring to show me the utilization of that system .. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
12 Replies

5. Programming

Tools to monitor system performance in Android or linux

Hi, May i know the tools which will give the below details in a consolidated fashion for some 'X' duration in single and multicore processors, 1) How many times and how long scheduler code and kernel threads are executing ? 2) Details about each process, time spent in each state (run, wait... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkarthi85
0 Replies

6. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
MRTG-RRD(1)							       mrtg							       MRTG-RRD(1)

NAME
mrtg-rrd - How to use RRDtool with MRTG SYNOPSIS
After using MRTG for some time you may find some limitations, mostly in the areas of performance and graphing flexibility. These are exactly the areas addressed by RRDtool. To learn more about RRDtool check out its website on http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool RRDTOOL INTEGRATION
When using mrtg with RRDtool you are replacing rateup with the RRDtool perl module RRDs.pm. To enable RRDtool support in mrtg you have to add the line LogFormat: rrdtool to your mrtg config file. MRTG needs access to both the RRDtool perl module RRDs.pm and to the rrdtool executable. If these two items are not installed in locations where perl can find them on its own, then you can use the following two parameters to supply the appropriate directories. For the location of the rrdtool executable you put PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/bin/ or PathAdd: c: rdtoolin For the location of the perl module it would be: LibAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl/ or LibAdd: c: rdtoolinlibperl When you have made this modification to the configuration file, several things will happen when you run mrtg again with the new config file: 1. mrtg will take all your old ".log" files and convert them to ".rrd" format. (The ".log" files don't get touched in the process, so if things don't work out they are still there.) 2. mrtg will use rrdtool to update its databases. These will have a new format called rrd which is totally different than the native log format of the classic mrtg. 3. mrtg will not create any webpages of graphs anymore. It will only query the routers for traffic information and update its rrd databases. The advantage of whole thing is that the mrtg will become much faster. Expect the runtime to drop to 20% of the previous value. (I would like to get some feedback on this from folks with large installations.) Mind you, though, while the logging process of RRDtool is very fast, you are also gaining some time by neither creating graphs nor updating webpages. The idea behind this is that it is more efficient to create graphs and webpages on demand by using a cgi script. At the moment there is no official script to do this, but two contributers have created such scripts: One4All aka 14all.cgi This was the first program to take over the webpage creation and graphing task. It has been developed by Rainer Bawidamann rainer.bawidamann@web.de. You can find a copy on Rainers website: http://my14all.sourceforge.net/ The program comes with its own documentation routers2.cgi This is another CGI frontend for mrtg running with rrdtool. The main difference between this and 14all is that the web pages it creates are much more stylish than the ones from mrtg, plus they support User Defined summary graphs and different levels of Authentication and Authorisation. This has been written by Steve Shipway (steve@steveshipway.org). You obtain a copy, and find a forum and demonstration system at http://www.steveshipway.org/software/ The program comes with its own installation instructions and install script. mrtg-rrd The mrtg-rrd script is a CGI/FastCGI application by Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak for displaying MRTG graphs from data in the RRDtool format. It is an intended replacement for the 14all.cgi script. It can make your monitoring system faster because MRTG does not have to generate all the PNG files with graphs every 5 minutes or so. Instead of this the graphs are generated on-demand when the user wants to see them. http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/mrtg-rrd/ FUTURE
Just as a side note: MRTG-3 will be based entirely on rrdtool technology. But don't wait for it ... get going now! AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.17.4 2012-01-12 MRTG-RRD(1)