Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login from browser
Special Forums Cybersecurity Login from browser Post 64780 by man on Wednesday 2nd of March 2005 11:10:09 AM
Old 03-02-2005
Thank you for the reponses.. However after researching htaccess, it seems like you have to create a password file. Isn't there a way to use the System userid and password for this purpose, instead of having to maintain this information in another place as well?

Edit:
When I follow the instructions to create the .htpasswd file using:

htpasswd /dir path/password_file username

I don't get the prompt to enter a password, all I get is:

ksh: htpasswd: not found

???

Last edited by man; 03-02-2005 at 02:27 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Browser Login instead of .htaccess popup

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Anyway help I would appreciate. How do or or where would I find info (tried google but it's just a bit hard to understand & have no how to implement it). What I've got is a standard garden variety user registration form (php). It allows people to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justanob
1 Replies

2. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login to UNIX from the browser.

Hi All, I need to login to the UNIX server from the browser. can you please tell me the procedure? Thanks Sarwan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
5 Replies

6. Solaris

X-browser Not able to login

Hi, I am in a problem. i have got Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 Machines with me. I have created many users on the servers. I login to solaris servers via putty and xbrowser from a windows desktop. With Putty all works well for all the users. Problem is that my 'abc' user is able to see the GUI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables rule to block access from VM Browser to Firewall Login Page

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrabdet
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can adding to a new group be effective in current login environment without re-login?

Hey folks, When a user is added to a new group, the user has to be log out and log in again to make the new group effective. Is there any system command or technique to refresh user group ID update without re-login? I am not talking about to use "login" or "su -l" commands which can only make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies
answerbook2_admin(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     answerbook2_admin(1M)

NAME
answerbook2_admin - bring up AnswerBook2 administration tool GUI SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/answerbook2_admin [-h] DESCRIPTION
The AnswerBook2 server product is no longer included with Solaris or the Solaris Documentation CD products. Solaris docmentation is now provided in HTML and PDF format on the Documentation CD and does not require the Answerbook2 server to be viewed. answerbook2_admin brings up the default web browser showing the administration interface for the local AnswerBook2 server. The administration functionality is also accessible through the AnswerBook2 Admin option within the System_Admin subset of the Application Manager function on the CDE front panel Applications menu. If you need an AnswerBook2 server, you can download the AnswerBook2 server software from http://www.sun.com. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -h Displays a usage statement. USAGE
At startup time, answerbook2_admin starts up the default web browser (for example, Mozilla) and displays the URL specified for administer- ing the local AnswerBook2 server (http://localhost:8888). If the user has set up administration access control, the web browser prompts for a valid administrator login and password for this document server before displaying the administration tool. FILES
/usr/lib/ab2/dweb/data/config/admin_passwd File containing username:password ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |http://www.sun.com | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
Once there is an open web browser and access to the AnswerBook2 Administration tool, use its online Help system to find out more about administering the AnswerBook2 server. SunOS 5.10 29 Oct 2004 answerbook2_admin(1M)