Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Porting File from OPenVMS to AIX Unix Post 64501 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 1st of March 2005 06:04:57 PM
Old 03-01-2005
VMS relative files are just fixed record length ASCII.

ftp the file from VMS to Unix as BIN type. You can then use dd on the unix side to make text files or whatever file format you need. Or am I missing something?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting an OpenVms .com to a UNIX ksh script

Does anyone know what a unix equivalent to the following OpenVms string would be? variable1 = F$FAO("!123AS",file_create_time) I can't seem to find the proper syntax of anything I try. Thx! J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prosserj
1 Replies

2. AIX

Porting C codes from HP-UX to AIX

Hi , Can someone help me get some support documents on the common issues/pitfalls and any other details with respect to porting the application running on C codes from HP-UX to AIX. Help will be valuable. Thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
0 Replies

3. Programming

Porting of Shell to AIX

Hi All, I would like to know of the steps needed for the implementation of a shell in AIX. This shell is written by one of our developers and is currently running in Solaris. This needs to be ported to AIX. Does any of you guys know the implementation steps to do this. If so please do let me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting linux ftpd code to Aix

Dear All, I have already ported the linux ftpd daemon to AIX earlier. When the ftp client does a "DIR" command, I have intercepted the call to the remote machine at the server code and added my code to browse IBM Message Queue, so that the client will see the files in the IBM Message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srksn
2 Replies

5. AIX

Porting to AIX from Sun Solaris

Hi, When we tried to port our Pro*C programs from sun solaris to AIX, We get following error messages: The following library is not available... This library file is required for Pro*C Object Linking and Bin creation. /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1. Can anybody help us on this ? Regards rbs100 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbs100
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

porting shell script from Linux to AIX.

Hi, I am porting one shell script from Linux to AIX. I had .ksh file and i have changed it to .sh file for aix. on linux this script is running fine but on aix it gives me "unexpected end of file" error. Could any one suggest me what to do to port this script error free? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_1
6 Replies

7. AIX

porting an application on 64-bit AIX version 5

Hi all, I am facing problem in porting to 64 bit AIX especially with compiling options to compile and run under 64 bit kernel.Can any one put some light on the issue thanks in advance vishal (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalzone2002
14 Replies

8. AIX

Porting from HP-UX to AIX

I am orignally a VC++ programmer, this is the my post in UNIX form. I have an existing source code, that was developed in old HP-UX system, the objective is to make it work on new AIX system. It does'nt appear that AIX has the necessary libraries or even run the application if its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick786us
0 Replies
Module::Build::Platform::VMS(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Module::Build::Platform::VMS(3)

NAME
Module::Build::Platform::VMS - Builder class for VMS platforms DESCRIPTION
This module inherits from "Module::Build::Base" and alters a few minor details of its functionality. Please see Module::Build for the general docs. Overridden Methods _set_defaults Change $self->{build_script} to 'Build.com' so @Build works. cull_args '@Build foo' on VMS will not preserve the case of 'foo'. Rather than forcing people to write '@Build "foo"' we'll dispatch case- insensitively. manpage_separator Use '__' instead of '::'. prefixify Prefixify taking into account VMS' filepath syntax. _quote_args Command-line arguments (but not the command itself) must be quoted to ensure case preservation. have_forkpipe There is no native fork(), so some constructs depending on it are not available. _backticks Override to ensure that we quote the arguments but not the command. find_command Local an executable program _maybe_command (override) Follows VMS naming conventions for executable files. If the name passed in doesn't exactly match an executable file, appends .Exe (or equivalent) to check for executable image, and .Com to check for DCL procedure. If this fails, checks directories in DCL$PATH and finally Sys$System: for an executable file having the name specified, with or without the .Exe-equivalent suffix. do_system Override to ensure that we quote the arguments but not the command. oneliner Override to ensure that we do not quote the command. _infer_xs_spec Inherit the standard version but tweak the library file name to be something Dynaloader can find. rscan_dir Inherit the standard version but remove dots at end of name. If the extended character set is in effect, do not remove dots from filenames with Unix path delimiters. dist_dir Inherit the standard version but replace embedded dots with underscores because a dot is the directory delimiter on VMS. man3page_name Inherit the standard version but chop the extra manpage delimiter off the front if there is one. The VMS version of splitdir('[.foo]') returns '', 'foo'. expand_test_dir Inherit the standard version but relativize the paths as the native glob() doesn't do that for us. _detildefy The home-grown glob() does not currently handle tildes, so provide limited support here. Expect only UNIX format file specifications for now. find_perl_interpreter On VMS, $^X returns the fully qualified absolute path including version number. It's logically impossible to improve on it for getting the perl we're currently running, and attempting to manipulate it is usually lossy. localize_file_path Convert the file path to the local syntax localize_dir_path Convert the directory path to the local syntax ACTION_clean The home-grown glob() expands a bit too aggressively when given a bare name, so default in a zero-length extension. AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> Ken Williams <kwilliams@cpan.org> Craig A. Berry <craigberry@mac.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), Module::Build(3), ExtUtils::MakeMaker(3) perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 Module::Build::Platform::VMS(3)