Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory Summary Command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directory Summary Command Post 64441 by bhargav on Tuesday 1st of March 2005 01:18:00 PM
Old 03-01-2005
ls | wc -l

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to summary one command's cpu usage?

I want to record one application's(like oracle etc...) CPU usage summary. I can filter by "ps". But how to sum? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiarong.lu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

summary line help

$ cat file a:12:56:12 b:23:12:23 d:32:24:12 c:90:12:24 required output: a:12:56:12 b:23:12:23 d:32:24:12 c:90:12:24 t:157:104:71 t line is the total line, which will be the last line in the output. Please help. I tried this: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwork72
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summary using awk

Displaying information using awk Hey guys, i am using awk to display my information in a certain order. Database : Persia:42:John France:50:Mabel Persia:50:Rach Germany:60:JohnMy expected output is : ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
25 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print summary of directory, and group all symbolic links

I am trying to get a summary of filetypes in a directory, but the total count of symbolic links is not working. I am stuck at the results of the file command. I have used the find command to confirm my expectations, but my bash function is not giving the results I want. Here is my function:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subroutine or Function Summary

I have a fortran file with code declarations such as Subroutine str_tnum_tu & ( & s, dl, tu, pos & ) ! Class (*), Intent (InOut) :: tu(:) Character (Len=*), Intent (In) :: s, dl Character (Len=*), Intent (In), Optional :: pos ... or ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a summary file of all files in a directory sorted in reverse alphabetical order.?

I have an interactive script which works terrific at processing a folder of unsorted files into new directories. I am wondering how I could modify my script so that( upon execution) it provides an additional labelled summary file on my desktop that lists all of the files in each directory that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies
Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)

NAME
Directory::Scratch::Structured - creates temporary files and directories from a structured description SYNOPSIS
my %tree_structure = ( dir_1 => { subdir_1 =>{}, file_1 =>[], file_a => [], }, dir_2 => { subdir_2 => { file_22 =>[], file_2a =>[], }, file_2 =>[], file_a =>['12345'], file_b =>[], }, file_0 => [] , ) ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(create_structured_tree) ; my $temporary_directory = create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; or use Directory::Scratch ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(piggyback_directory_scratch) ; my $temporary_directory = Directory::Scratch->new; $temporary_directory->create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; DESCRIPTION
This module adds a create_structured_tree subroutine to the Directory::Scratch. DOCUMENTATION
I needed a subroutine to create a bunch of temporary directories and files while running tests. I used the excellent Directory::Scratch to implement such a functionality. I proposed the subroutine to the Directory::Scratch author but he preferred to implement a subroutine using an unstructured input data based on the fact that Directory::Scratch didn't use structured data. This is, IMHO, flawed design, though it may require slightly less typing. I proposed a hybrid solution to reduce the amount of subroutines and integrate the subroutine using structured input into Directory::Scratch but we didn't reach an agreement on the API. Instead I decided that I would piggyback on Directory::Scratch. You can access create_structured_tree through a subroutine or a method through a Directory::Scratch object. Whichever interface you choose, the argument to the create_structured_tree consists of tuples (hash entries). The key represents the name of the object to create in the directory. If the value is of type: ARRAY A file will be created, it's contents are the contents of the array (See Directory::Scratch) HASH A directory will be created. the element of the hash will also be , recursively, created OTHER The subroutine will croak. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS create_structured_tree use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(create_structured_tree) ; my $temporary_directory = create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; my $base = $temporary_directory->base() ; Returns a default Directory::Scratch object. directory_scratch_create_structured_tree Adds create_structured_tree to Directory::Scratch when you Load Directory::Scratch::Structured with the piggyback_directory_scratch option. use Directory::Scratch ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(piggyback_directory_scratch) ; my $temporary_directory = Directory::Scratch->new; $temporary_directory->create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; _create_structured_tree Used internally by both interfaces piggyback Used internally to piggyback Directory::Scratch. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
None so far. AUTHOR
Khemir Nadim ibn Hamouda CPAN ID: NKH mailto:nadim@khemir.net LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Directory::Scratch::Structured You can also look for information at: o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Directory-Scratch-Structured> o RT: CPAN's request tracker Please report any bugs or feature requests to L <bug-directory-scratch-structured@rt.cpan.org>. We will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as we make changes. o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Directory-Scratch-Structured> SEE ALSO
Directory::Scratch perl v5.10.1 2010-03-22 Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)