Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access shell scripts from HTML page Post 64411 by man on Tuesday 1st of March 2005 10:48:52 AM
Old 03-01-2005
RTM,

How did you get the javascript working within your cgi script? I've attempted to incorporated a simple a timeout for the page via javascript and it doesn't seem to recognize it. Is there an order to where the javascript should be placed within the cgi script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking shell script from html/jsp page

I want to invoke shell script named bubesh.sh when submit button clicked on html/jsp page.I am using an apache server and the html & shell script are in the same working directory.Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

html withing shell scripts,how??

Hi can anybody guide me to write html programs using shell script. FYI: I use ksh. Thanks in advance, Divya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: divzz
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
0 Replies

4. Web Development

findstr in html page

I am planning to create an html page that will count number of connected ports, challenge for me is how to put it in a page. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webmunkey23
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

background image not loading in newly thrown html page by shell script

I m trying to throw back html page when a file is found.While throwing back html page, the background image is not coming. I am using Apache server.Please suggest how to resolve... #!/bin/ksh echo -e "Content-type: text/html\n\n" echo "<html><head></head><body background=\"/asc/ppp.jpg\">"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
10 Replies

6. Web Development

Call shell script from HTML page - without web server

Hi, I have html page in my unix machine(server), which I will open with firefox or mozilla available in unix machine. Firefox or mozilla will be opened using x windows. Since I have access to unix machien(like other users) and this HTML page is for user having access to Unix machine, I see no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamanu9
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating from Shell Script to HTML Page

Hi, Need Help, Recently I have thought to migrating my Korn Shell Scripts to html page..., already webserv is running on my unix machine. How to migrate the shell scripts to html page.. Please refer any web portal or sample codes. Thanks in Adavce (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic checkbox(HTML page) for each process using shell script

Hi friends, I m newbie to bash scripting , i m writing script(bash) that will display all processes which r running in my system in an html page, everything going fine but i m not able to get checkbox dynamically for each process in html page ,so that i can mark that process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagga06
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to Use a UNIX Shell Script to Create an HTML Web Page?

dear friends , in my work i have to monitor some system performance in hourly basis by runing some commands , for example (lpstat) to know that all the queue is ready how can i create webpage and connect it with the server (AIX operating system) and make this page refreshed every 10 second and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rami abusweilei
12 Replies
wml::std::tags(3)						     EN Tools							 wml::std::tags(3)

NAME
wml::std::tags - Standard Support Tags SYNOPSIS
#use wml::std::tags # Pass 2: advanced if constructs <ifdef varname thenval elseval> # Pass 3: support tag <perl> ... </perl> <say> ... </say> # Pass 4: support tag <m4> ... </m4> # Pass 4: symbols <symbol name value> <symbol name undef> # Pass 5: diversions <dump NAME> <enter NAME> ... <leave> <divert NAME> ... </divert> # Pass 6: support tag <asubst ...> ... </asubst> # Client-Side JavaScript: support tag <javascript [version=..] [language=..] [type=..] [src=...] [defer] [nohead] [nolang]> ... </javascript> # Resynchronize line numbers for more accurate pass 3 warnings <sync-lines> DESCRIPTION
This include file defines some standard support tags one needs all the time. All tags are self-explanatory and briefly mentioned in wml_intro(1), except the last two which are described below. "<javascript>": This tag was primarily a shorthand for "<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">" but it has evolved. If the "<head>" tag is defined and is a complex macro, e.g. when calling "wml::std::page", then Javascript code is automatically passed to this macro and should be diverted to the HEAD section of HTML documents. This diversion preserve lang slices in multi-lingual documents. Those features may be disabled by the ``nohead'' and ``nolang'' attributes. "<sync-lines>": WML tries to print information on input file and line numbers when warnings or errors are reported in passes 2 and 3. Some special sentences containing file names and line numbers are inserted during pass 1. So pass 2 have an accurate knowledge of where warnings appear in input file. But it also filters it without preserving lines, so after pass 2 information is almost unusable. By putting "<sync-lines>" in input file, it forces pass 2 to resynchronize information on line numbers. So for debugging pass 3, it could be of some help to insert "<sync-lines>" before ePerl code. AUTHORS
Ralf S. Engelschall rse@engelschall.com www.engelschall.com Denis Barbier barbier@engelschall.com REQUIRES
Internal: P1, P2, P3, P4, P6 External: -- SEE ALSO
wml(1) EN Tools 2014-04-16 wml::std::tags(3)