Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Machine Rebooted
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sun Machine Rebooted Post 6436 by DPAI on Tuesday 4th of September 2001 10:58:27 PM
Old 09-04-2001
No , I am not sure wat was goin on when it rebooted . I mean it was idle , Nobody had logged into the m/c for quite some time

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How can i Configure TCP Keepalive on sun solaris 9 machine?

I've installed sun solaris 9 and i need to know how can i enable TCP Keepalive to ping socket connections every 300 seconds? Thanks, Mohammed Amin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_amin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to change IP of my SUN solaris machine

Hello, I want to change the IP of my SUN solaris machine but i am not bale to find the right way. I tried the following steps: 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts and change IP address for host listed in /etc/hostname.le0 2) ifconfig le0 down 3) ifconfig le0 inet NEW_IP_ADDR netmask + broadcast + ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun machine boot up

Hi I am trying to bring up our Sun V100 machine remotely using hyper terminal. We have connected LOM port A to COM1 of our windows server and have lom promt available. Now when we type poweron it starts booting and goes through the booting process and stops at the following step... .... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chimpu
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation os on sun machine

I had one sun ultra enterprise1 cpu. it's not giving any disply,which operating system it's support. How can install os on this CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Machine Crashed

During system startup the following warnings are appear. Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Connected command timeout for target 9.0 Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Target 9 reducing sync, transfer rate Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabreaz
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to configure IP in SUN Machine

Hi Experts, I am new for solaris, i am using Solaris10,can you anyone assist me how to configure IP in my machine. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun is not able to ssh another machine of sun

My one Sun machine is not able to ssh another machine of Sun. Although I have configured the ssh successfully ( SunOS sunbox2 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 ) ERROR bash-2.05# ssh sunbox2 /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 34: Bad configuration option: PermitRootLogin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Old Sun machine documentation needed

Hi all. Last year, after registering on Sun support site, I downloaded for free all available documentation (in PDF) and support files of a couple of old Sun workstations (Ultra 5 and Ultra 10). Now I need the documentation and support files of other old Sun workstations (SPARCstation 20 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisechip
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cloned Sun OS 10 HD using replicator machine

Dear all, I have Sun Oracle 10 SPARC T4-1 machine with 4 units SAS2 300GB configure with 2 set Raid1. Is it possible to take out all 4 hd and cloned the 4 HD using disk clone/replicator machine with same HD size and model? After the cloned completed put back the new cloned HD at original... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayyahma
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
glutIdleFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						       glutIdleFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutIdleFunc - sets the global idle callback. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutIdleFunc(void (*func)(void)); ARGUMENTS
func The new idle callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutIdleFunc sets the global idle callback to be func so a GLUT program can perform background processing tasks or continuous animation when window system events are not being received. If enabled, the idle callback is continuously called when events are not being received. The callback routine has no parameters. The current window and current menu will not be changed before the idle callback. Programs with multiple windows and/or menus should explicitly set the current window and/or current menu and not rely on its current setting. The amount of computation and rendering done in an idle callback should be minimized to avoid affecting the program's interactive response. In general, not more than a single frame of rendering should be done in an idle callback. Passing NULL to glutIdleFunc disables the generation of the idle callback. EXAMPLE
A typical idle callback to animate a window might look like: void idle(void) { time += 0.05; glutSetWindow(window); glutPostRedisplay(); } Notice how the idle callback does not do any actual drawing; it only advances the time scene state global variable. That is left to the window's display callback which will be triggered by the call to glutPostRedisplay. If you use the idle callback for animation, you should be sure to stop rendering when the window is not visible. This is easy to set up with a visibility callback. For example: void visible(int vis) { if (vis == GLUT_VISIBLE) glutIdleFunc(idle); else glutIdleFunc(NULL); } If you do use the idle callback for animation, one thing you should not do is setup the idle callback before calling glutMainLoop. It is much better to use the visibility callback to install idle callback when the window first becomes visible on the screen. SEE ALSO
glutTimerFunc, glutVisibilityFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutIdleFunc(3GLUT)