Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers very strange behaviour on unix server Post 63282 by bolo77 on Wednesday 23rd of February 2005 07:22:34 PM
Old 02-23-2005
good idea

i can try this when i encoounter the problem tomorrow morning. Thanks for the info although im quite sure ive tried connecting directly to the IP address i might be mistaken though!

im happy to provide any additional information that you think might help to resolve this, you have provided me with a start which is helpful.

Thank you, ill let you know what i discover..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/passwd strange behaviour!

Hi there, first of all, here is my conf of a uname -a Linux SAMBA 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown on a fedora machine. Here is my problem: every once in a while, the line containing root disappears in the /etc/passwd, disabling all logging on my server. Any one have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Strange Behaviour!!!

Can some-one give me a view to this : I have a directory in an unix server, having permissions r-xr-xr-x .This directory is basically a source directory. Now there is another directory basically the destination directory which has all the permissions. Note:I log in as not the owner,but user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Program behaviour

Had a strange thing going on with my code. It's ok I figured it out for myself.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behaviour with perl i/o?

Hi All, I got a strange problem here. I have a perl script which is fetching data from a database table and writing a file with that data. If i run that script from linux command line, the file it creates is a normal ascii text file without any binary character in it.But... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

Strange login behaviour

Hi all, I am using HP-UX and I have just noticed that when I log into the network it seems to save the previous windows that were subsequently closed on previous occasions. Does anyone know when I log in, it seems to display these previous windows, e.g. nedit windows open again? Does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange RegExp Behaviour

Hello, I was trying to identify lines who has a word of the following pattern "xyyx" (where x, and ys are different characters). I was trying the following grep - egrep '(\S)()\2\1' This pattern do catches the wanted pattern, but it also catches "GGGG" or "CCCC" patterns. I was trying to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itskov
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behaviour on my Linux Server.

Hi, I keep getting this error when i run my script: No matter how many times i run this rm -rf /siebel/sfs/tmp/dump it succeeds when i expect it only the first time to succeed becoz i expect the second to fail as the directory should be gone in the first run. i had earlier mentioned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
PQSTAT(1)							      pqstat								 PQSTAT(1)

NAME
pqstat - List jobs in NetWare print queue SYNOPSIS
pqstat [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] queue name [ job count ] DESCRIPTION
pqstat lists specified number of jobs from the specified NetWare print queue available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqstat does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the jobs in print queue by doing pqstat -S server queue | wc -l pqstat looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
queue name queue name is used to specify queue. You can not use wildcards in the name. job count job count is used to specify how much entries will be shown. Default is to show all entries. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqstat prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), pqrm(1) CREDITS
pqstat was written by David Woodhouse (dave@imladris.demon.co.uk) pqstat 03/03/1998 PQSTAT(1)