Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about formatting results Post 63278 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 23rd of February 2005 07:01:13 PM
Old 02-23-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrunge
I'm going to take that as a compliment Smilie

Anyway, thanks, it your info serves my purpose.

Any idea if I can "sort" this my month?
add yet another after the last awk: '|sort'

Quote:
Maybe you have some time to help "pretty up" my code?
not really - sorry. But one would get rid of all the grep-s AND 'merge' all the awk-s into one - consider this as a homework assignment Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk formatting question

Currently I have a box that I am dual-booting Win98 & Linux on. I have an unformatted 3 gig slice that I would like to install Soloris 8 x86 on. Are there any issues I should be aware of? How close is the x86 install to the sparc install? The Linux partition will be going away but I need to reatain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Grep Results - Formatting

Hello, Perhaps someone here can help with this. I'd like to grep a plain text file for a word and output each line containing a word found to a seperate line instead of back to back. Examples: Basic command: cat file.txt > grep -i CAT > results.txt file.txt: The cat said meow The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting question

How can i change the display of a text file containing 4980 167 187 4980 167 187 4980 167 180 4980 167 180 4980 167 179 4980 272 174 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaa2a
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about formatting the output

I need to ask a question on how to format the output in a csv format. Right now i am running a shell script which executes a command and the following output is append through a unix script in a .csv file. So the output of xyz.csv is as follow :- 1. Number = 25 Amount $84,132.22 2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about formatting output using AWK

Hi everyone. I've got this fille... 0 5000001 5000002 5000003 5000006 5000007 5000219 11000156 11003130 11003132and this script... #!/bin/ksh FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST=users.txt userID=`awk -F"=" '{printf $1 ", "}' $FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fatbob
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data manipulation/ formatting question

How would I get this output to look $ cat newfile 13114 84652 84148 LIKE THIS?: 13114,84652,84148 sed,cut awk? syntax? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddurden7
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Formatting Question

I have the following nmap file output with the multiple IP’s listed in the format below. Is there a way that GREP can format the output to just display IP and any ports that contain 'http' for that IP on its own line? file: Host: 192.168.1.xxx () Ports: 80/open/tcp//http///,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCoda10
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to add a variable for the results from the formula of one variable and results of another var

Good morning all, This is the file name in question OD_Orders_2019-02-19.csv I am trying to create a bash script to read into files with yesterdays date on the file name while retaining the rest of the files name. I would like for $y to equal, the name of the file with a formula output with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahim A
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Formatting Question

Good Morning- I've been cloning a Solaris 9 SPARC machine using ufsrestoreand have successfully restored drive 0. Now I'm trying to set up the mirror drive. To label and format the new drive, I used#format -e ->select c0t1d0 ->label ->select SMI ->select no ->select no ->select yes and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
XENTRACE_FORMAT(1)					      General Commands Manual						XENTRACE_FORMAT(1)

NAME
xentrace_format - pretty-print Xen trace data SYNOPSIS
xentrace_format [ DEFS-FILE ] DESCRIPTION
xentrace_format parses trace data in xentrace binary format from standard input and reformats it according to the rules in a file of defi- nitions (DEFS-FILE), printing to standard output. The rules in DEFS-FILE should have the format shown below: event_id whitespace format Each rule should start on a new line. The format string may include format specifiers, such as: %(cpu)d, %(tsc)d, %(event)d, %(1)d, %(2)d, %(3)d, %(4)d, %(5)d [ the `d' format specifier output in decimal, alternatively `x' will output in hexadecimal and `o' will output in octal ] These correspond to the CPU number, event ID, timestamp counter and the 5 data fields from the trace record. There should be one such rule for each type of event to be pretty-printed (events which do not have formatting rules are ignored). A sample format file for Xen's predefined trace events is available in the file tools/xentrace/formats in the Xen source tree. Depending on your system and the rate at which trace data is produced, this script may not be able to keep up with the output of xentrace if it is piped directly. In these circumstances you should have xentrace output to a file for processing off-line. AUTHOR
Mark A. Williamson <mark.a.williamson@intel.com> SEE ALSO
xentrace(8), xentrace_cpusplit(1) Xen domain 0 utils 11 May 2004 XENTRACE_FORMAT(1)