Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about formatting results Post 63276 by TheCrunge on Wednesday 23rd of February 2005 06:52:16 PM
Old 02-23-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
....without commenting on the "relative" beauty and "terseness" of the code...
I'm going to take that as a compliment Smilie

Anyway, thanks, it your info serves my purpose.

Any idea if I can "sort" this my month?

Maybe you have some time to help "pretty up" my code?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk formatting question

Currently I have a box that I am dual-booting Win98 & Linux on. I have an unformatted 3 gig slice that I would like to install Soloris 8 x86 on. Are there any issues I should be aware of? How close is the x86 install to the sparc install? The Linux partition will be going away but I need to reatain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Grep Results - Formatting

Hello, Perhaps someone here can help with this. I'd like to grep a plain text file for a word and output each line containing a word found to a seperate line instead of back to back. Examples: Basic command: cat file.txt > grep -i CAT > results.txt file.txt: The cat said meow The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting question

How can i change the display of a text file containing 4980 167 187 4980 167 187 4980 167 180 4980 167 180 4980 167 179 4980 272 174 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaa2a
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about formatting the output

I need to ask a question on how to format the output in a csv format. Right now i am running a shell script which executes a command and the following output is append through a unix script in a .csv file. So the output of xyz.csv is as follow :- 1. Number = 25 Amount $84,132.22 2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about formatting output using AWK

Hi everyone. I've got this fille... 0 5000001 5000002 5000003 5000006 5000007 5000219 11000156 11003130 11003132and this script... #!/bin/ksh FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST=users.txt userID=`awk -F"=" '{printf $1 ", "}' $FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fatbob
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data manipulation/ formatting question

How would I get this output to look $ cat newfile 13114 84652 84148 LIKE THIS?: 13114,84652,84148 sed,cut awk? syntax? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddurden7
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Formatting Question

I have the following nmap file output with the multiple IP’s listed in the format below. Is there a way that GREP can format the output to just display IP and any ports that contain 'http' for that IP on its own line? file: Host: 192.168.1.xxx () Ports: 80/open/tcp//http///,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCoda10
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to add a variable for the results from the formula of one variable and results of another var

Good morning all, This is the file name in question OD_Orders_2019-02-19.csv I am trying to create a bash script to read into files with yesterdays date on the file name while retaining the rest of the files name. I would like for $y to equal, the name of the file with a formula output with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahim A
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Formatting Question

Good Morning- I've been cloning a Solaris 9 SPARC machine using ufsrestoreand have successfully restored drive 0. Now I'm trying to set up the mirror drive. To label and format the new drive, I used#format -e ->select c0t1d0 ->label ->select SMI ->select no ->select no ->select yes and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)