Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pass argument to a filename
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers pass argument to a filename Post 6317 by patvdv on Monday 3rd of September 2001 03:12:22 PM
Old 09-03-2001
Quotes

Using KSH, use quotes around your 'filename':

Code:
#/usr/bin/ksh
TEST=$1
echo $1 > "$1"
exit
[patrick@homer-lux patrick]$ ./test.ksh justdoit
[patrick@homer-lux patrick]$ ll justdoit
-rw-r--r--    1 patrick  sys             9 Sep  3 21:09 justdoit
[patrick@homer-lux patrick]$ more justdoit
justdoit
[patrick@homer-lux patrick]$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I pass a wild card as an argument

Hi, I would like to pass a wild card as part of an argument. But when I do it the script views the wild card as text. Example: sFile=MG1A* sort $sFile > $sFile.sorted What I get is MG1A*.sorted The problem is I am passed a series of files where the first few characters like "MG1A"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass argument to function

Hi, Can someone please explain to me how I can get a function to recognize a file given as an argument to a script. Suppose the script has the argument as follows: sh script file and the function is as follows: function display_file () { cat $1 } and it s then called #main program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Knotty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass argument remotely

If I run the following command remotely after ssh than it works fine su - oracle -c "/oracle/product/102/db/bin/dbshut" But If I run the following command it doesn't work su - oracle -c "/oracle/product/102/db/bin/lsnrctl stop" Because I think there is a space is present between lsnrctl and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass command line argument to variable

Hi, I had written a shell script to pass command line argument to variable in a function. Here is my code: main if ; then .$1 echo $1 get_input_file else echo "input file $1 is not available" fi get_input_file() { FILE = "$1" echo $FILE } (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass argument

Hi, I need to pass the argument in my shell script as db_ubackup20111015*.log Scenario: I have backup log file location in /home/backup directory (more than 40 days). I need to check the log file of the latest one (tail . a. How I can retrieve the latest value other than passing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass variable as sar argument

I am trying to get the details of iowait for last hour using sar. When I give date as argument it works. # sar -u -s 22:24:00 -e 23:24:00 Linux 2.6.35.13-26 (XX.server.com) 04/11/2012 10:30:03 PM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %idle 10:40:04 PM all 5.03 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a filename as a command line argument

Hi,I have a script which is given below :#!/bin/bash. ini_script.shdb2 connect to $DB_NAME user $DB2_UID using $DB2_PASSWORDfor file in `ls -1 ./sql/ddw/`do echo "Executing the file $file" echo db2 -tvf $filedonedb2 quiti want this script to accept directorie's names present in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass argument to html upload form

I am using an html form and a php upload script to upload files. HTML form <table width="500" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"> <tr> <form action="upload_ac.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="form1" id="form1"> <td> <table... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass file as one of argument in shell

Hi, Is there any way that we can pass one file as one of the argument in shell script ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an argument to encrypted script having openssl ?

Hi, can it be possible to pass and argument to an encrypted script? for example.. Say I have this script which takes one input.. > cat aa #!/bin/ksh UNAME=$1 echo "Hi $UNAME.." > aa TEST Hi TEST.. Now I encrypted this code.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akore83
6 Replies
pfsdisplayfunction(1)					      General Commands Manual					     pfsdisplayfunction(1)

NAME
pfsdisplayfunction - Apply display function to color or gray-scale images SYNOPSIS
pfsdisplayfunction [--display-function <df-spec>] [--to-pixels | --to-luminance] [--help] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
Use this command to convert pixel values to luminance / radiance units displayed on a monitor or to perform inverse conversion. This com- mand is useful in combination with the HDR-VDP to convert LDR images to luminance maps representing images shown on a particular display. The display function specification is identical to the specification used in the pfstmo_mantiuk08 tone mapping operator (from the pfstmo package). If neither --to-luminance nor --to-pixels option is specified, the appropriate conversion direction will be deducted from the LUMINANCE tag in the pfs stream. OPTIONS
--to-luminance, -l Convert pixel values to absolute luminance / radiance units. For RGB images the same display function is applied in each color chan- nel. --to-pixels, -p Convert absolute luminance / radiance units to pixel values. For RGB images the same display function is applied in each color chan- nel. --display-function <df-spec>, -d <df-spec> The display function describes how output luminance of a display changes with pixel values. If no parameter is given, the command assumes -df pd=lcd (see Pre-defined display below). There are several ways to specify the display function: Gamma-gain-black-ambient display model g=<float>:l=<float>:b=<float>:k=<float>:a=<float>[:n=<float>] Gamma-gain-black-ambient model can approximate a range of displays and is a compact way to specify a display function. It assumes that a display function has the following form: L_d(I) = (l-b)*I^gamma + b + k/pi*a The parameters are as follows: g - gamma or exponent of a display function (default 2.2, usually from 1.8 to 2.8) l - peak luminance of a display in cd/m^2 (default 100, from 80 for CRTs to 500 or more for newer displays) b - black level, which is luminance of a black pixel when the display is on (default 1, usually from 0.3 to 1 cd/m^2) k - reflectivity of a screen (assuming that it is diffuse) (default 0.01, usually about 0.01 (1%) for LCD displays, more for CRTs) a - ambient illumination in lux. Typical values are: 50 lux Family living room (dim, default) 400 lux A brightly lit office 32000 lux Sunlight on an average day (min.) 100000 lux Sunlight on an average day (max.) Pre-defined display pd=<display_type> Use pre-defined display type. This options are for convenience only and they do not mean to accurately model the response of a par- ticular display. The following display types are recognized: lcd_office (g=2.2, l=100, b=0.8, k=0.01, a=400 ) lcd set to "office" mode seen in bright environment lcd (g=2.2, l=200, b=0.8, k=0.01, a=60 ) typical lcd seen in dim environment (default) lcd_bright (g=2.6, l=500, b=0.5, k=0.01, a=10 ) newer LCD TV seen in dark environment crt (g=2.2, l=80, b=1, k=0.02, a=60 ) CRT monitor seen in dim environment The parameters in the parenthesis are the same as for the gamma-gain-black-ambient model explained above. Lookup-table lut=<file> This is the most accurate specification of the display response function, but requires measuring it with a luminance meter. The lookup table should account also for ambient light, so that it is recommended to use the luminance meter that can measure screen luminance from a distance, such as Minolta LS-100 (as opposed to those that use rubber tube touching a display that eliminates the influence of ambient light). The <file> must be a comma-separated text file in a format (CSV) with two columns: first column repre- sents pixel values (from 0.0 to 1.0) and the second physical luminance in cd/m^2. Both the pixel value and the luminance should increase in each raw. EXAMPLES
pfsin barbara.jpg | pfsdisplayfunction -l -d pd:crt -v | pfsout barbara_crt.hdr Convert barbara.jpg image from pixel values to a luminance map of the image shown on a CRT monitor and store the map as an HDR image. SEE ALSO
pfsgamma(1) pfstmo_mantiuk08(1) BUGS
Please report bugs and comments to the pfstools discussion group (http://groups.google.com/group/pfstools). pfsdisplayfunction(1)