Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can AWK solve it ???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can AWK solve it ??? Post 63153 by emon on Wednesday 23rd of February 2005 03:10:34 AM
Old 02-23-2005
Can AWK solve it ???

Hi

I have some 200 tables and I have macro which actually returns the tables columns descriptions . Say for exapmle describe('table1') will list all the columns of table one with the description.

Now what I want to do is I want to write a shell script which will take tables name from a file and will execute the macro and redirect the output into file .
I will take care the database connection part and extraction just tell me how write that script where it will take table name from a file one by one ????

Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve this

I have to write an script for.. CUST: 123 trans: some contents CUST: 1234 trans: some contents Now wat i have to do is this: CUST:123 akash trans: some contents CUST:1234 akash1 trans: I have been able to add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashag22
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone solve this awk issue ?

awk -F^ '{ if (($1 != "X") && ($5 != "3")) || if (($1 != "S") && ($5 != "2")) print $0}' abc> xyz The above command returns this error awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: illegal statement near line 1 I am newbie to awk, Any awk intelligence involved in correcting this issue is highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! SHELL or AWK script - only the masters of the forum will solve

Hello everybody! I have no experience with shell Programmer, but I need to compare 02 files. Txt and generate an output or a new file, after the comparisons. see: If the column 1 of file1 is equal to column 1 of file2, and column 3 of file2 contains the column 4 of file1, output: column1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: He2
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash or awk script to solve this problem

Hi everybody! I have written some awk scripts that return me some results I need to process. At the moment I use openOffice to process them, but I am trying to find a more efficient solution using possibly a bash or awk script. I have two files, file1 is in the format: time position ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice236
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

help me to solve it thank you

i thought about to use the commands : wc and sort and mybe more .. i need to write a bash script that recive a list of varuables kaka pele ronaldo beckham zidane messi rivaldo gerrard platini i need the program to print the longest word of the list. word in the output appears on a separate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairpg
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

please help me to solve it

i thought about to use the commands : wc and sort cut and mybe more .. i need to write a bash script that recive a list of varuables kaka pele ronaldo beckham zidane messi rivaldo gerrard platini i need the program to print the longest word of the list. word in the output appears on a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yairpg
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve awk: line 1: runaway string constant error?

Hi All ! I am just trying to print bash variable in awk statement as string here is my script n=1 for file in `ls *.tk |sort -t"-" -k2n,2`; do ak=`(awk 'FNR=='$n'{print $0}' res.dat)` awk '{print "'$ak'",$0}' OFS="\t" $file n=$((n+1)) unset ak doneI am getting following error awk:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
7 Replies
DTIF(5) 							File Formats Manual							   DTIF(5)

Name
       DTIF - Digital Table Interchange Format

Description
       Digital	Table Interchange Format (DTIF) is the standard format for the storage and interchange of documents that contain data tables, for-
       mulas, and spreadsheets. You can use DTIF to store and retrieve database information, interchange spreadsheets, and reference table data in
       compound documents.

DTIF defines the logical structure and physical layout of a data table, the values within the table (absolute data and/or expressions), and
       presentation attributes (formatting) to be used when displaying or printing the table. DTIF works with Digital Document Interchange  Format
       (DDIF) so that you can store or reference DTIF tables in DDIF-encoded compound documents.

A  DTIF	document  can  contain	a sequence of one or more tables and is uniquely identified by a product name, a version number, and other
       descriptive information such as the document's title and creation date.	Each DTIF table is a 2-dimensional display of  data  values  orga-
       nized in columns and rows that has its own structure and table data stored in cells.

In  DTIF  documents,  attributes  specify  the  type  and format of information pertaining to the data stored in a table. Column attributes
       describe information for all the cells in a particular column, whereas generic column attributes can be applied to any column in any  table
       that  references  them. Format attributes define the printed and displayed presentation of data stored in the table.  Format attributes can
       also be redefined at the window, column, or cell level.

See Also
       CDA(5), DDIF(5), DTIF(5)
       Compound Document Architecture Manual

DTIF(5)