Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RPC Programming
Top Forums Programming RPC Programming Post 63141 by emeralddream on Wednesday 23rd of February 2005 12:51:31 AM
Old 02-23-2005
RPC Programming

I am trying to create a server and client pair to run using RPC. I have generated the client/server stubs, the XDR file, and the header file using rpcgen. The problem is that when I try to compile the code, I always get undefined symbols: xdr_vector, xdr_pointer, clnt_create, xdr_char, clnt_pcreateerror, xdr_u_int, and xdr_int. I believe these are defined under the headers: <rpc/rpc.h> and <rpc/xdr.h>. Both of these headers are included in the files. I am not quite sure what the problem is. I have the code compiling on a Sun Solaris machine. It is strange though, since when I try to compile on a Linux box, it does not have these problems. Unfortunately, I really need to get this to work on Solaris. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Rpc

Hello, I would like to do a program (in C) on which I would have to call 3 or more executables using execl command. But if the executables are situated on another machine say Y and I do a programe on the machine X, is it possible to invoke those executables (binaries) from the other machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: driki
1 Replies

2. Solaris

rpc.ttdbserverd

Recently,one of my Sun Box found this messages in the /var/adm/messages/ inetd: /usr/dt/bin/rpc.ttdbserverd: Hangup It had quite a number of the same message. If it related to any network issue? What is the purpose of rpc.ttdbserverd? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

4. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

6. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

7. Programming

RPC Programming

Hello all, I need some help at RPC Programming. I really want understand how works the RPCGEN and the MAKEFILE structure. I would like a recommendation of a good introductory book at RPC. I found some examples but I dont know how to compile/integrate the files. More specifically i have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcocintra
1 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC Issue

Hi Folks, I am facing a problem using RPC based connection between two different OS ( RHEL 5 and Windows XP). We have a Camelot ( Cad Navigation Equipment - Running is RHEL5) which is connected to an FEI equipment ( Running in Windows XP).The connection uses an RPC based Driver for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
0 Replies

9. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
JRPCGEN(1)							      1.0.7""								JRPCGEN(1)

NAME
jrpcgen - an RPC protocol compiler SYNOPSIS
jrpcgen [-options] x-file DESCRIPTION
jrpcgen is a tool that generates Java code to implement an RPC protocol. The input to jrpcgen is a language similar to C known as RPC Lan- guage (Remote Procedure Call Language). where options include: -c <classname> specify class name of client proxy stub -d <dir> specify directory where to place generated source code files -p <package> specify package name for generated source code files -s <classname> specify class name of server proxy stub -ser tag generated XDR classes as serializable -bean generate accessors for usage as bean, implies -ser -noclamp do not clamp version number in client method stubs -withcallinfo supply call information to server method stubs -initstrings initialize all strings to be empty instead of null -nobackup do not make backups of old source code files -noclient do not create client proxy stub -noserver do not create server proxy stub -parseonly parse x-file only but do not create source code files -verbose enable verbose output about what jrpcgen is doing -version print jrpcgen version and exit -debug enables printing of diagnostic messages -? -help print this help message and exit -- end options SEE ALSO
The full documentation for jrpcgen is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and jrpcgen programs are properly installed at your site, the command info jrpcgen should give you access to the complete manual. jrpcgen version August 2009 JRPCGEN(1)