Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unzipping problems in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unzipping problems in Unix Post 63099 by Perderabo on Tuesday 22nd of February 2005 04:43:42 PM
Old 02-22-2005
You might try this product. If you have trouble with it, you can contact support.
We use it, but never with one million files.... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping

Ok, im a lame newb, i know, but what are all the options for the tar command, and how do i use it properly...? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FalconX2
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix 5.0.7 problems Booting

Hello there guys , I have a unix box that i just install on a HP VL400 , installation went all the way no problem. I get the BOOT: Hit enter and it goes to the point that you can see the all the hardware info. the problem is that freeses when gets to this point H oeminit Note: I put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzipping problem

Hi, I have downloaded the oracle 9i software from oracle website. The file is in the following format. "lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" I need to unzip this file for installing oracle9i in my system. I tried with the following command to unzip the file "$gunzip lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" but i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

UNIX memory problems

I don't know if this is better suited for the application section, but here goes. We are currently running HP-UX 11 as our database server. The database is Progress version 9.1C. As of late, some of our batch processes that run on the UNIX db server are erroring out because of what appear to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddiej
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Error while UNZIPPING

Hi, I have file.zip in windows machine, i moved that .zip to unix throught ftp. when i tried to unzip the .zip file getting the error. please see the below information for the same. I am using the below command to UNZIP : unzip /users/test/file.zip /users/test/test111 Below are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srujana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping the file

I have my folder structure like a file a.zip is placed in one folder. Inside a.zip is two other zip files x.zip and y.zip If i unzip x.zip i have folder a folder z and inside folder z there are different folders with event time appended to it. Inside the every event folder ,I have a sub folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting problems

Hi, In my unix server, i received a file in /usr/data/xmit location. i want to write a unix script after file reached. So how can i write a one line code which chceks the presence of the file? and second line line should take the status of the prevous line. like below. Line 1: checks for the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while Unzipping

Hi, I have transfered a Zip file from Windows to Unix and tried to Unzip it in Unix using ksh. But it throws an error: error : missing 24 bytes in zipfile (attempting to process anyway) error : attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile (please check that you have transferred or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping .Z file in UNIX

Hi , How can I unzip a .Z file in Unix? Thanks and regards, Anupam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
3 Replies

10. Open Source

Old UNIX Problems

So the almighty goog has not povided any help to this question, so I need some expert advice. i'm on a AIX 5.2 ML_09 box (yeah... I know) and I need to know if there is a utility like nc or socat that will do the same thing for my operating system. The current ask is to be able to pass packets... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopfgeldjagar1
2 Replies
ZIPGREP(1L)															       ZIPGREP(1L)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1L) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1L), zip(1L), funzip(1L), zipcloak(1L), zipinfo(1L), zipnote(1L), zipsplit(1L) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 28 February 2005 ZIPGREP(1L)