Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Firewall - 2 Internet accesses - routing rules from source Post 62801 by Phobos on Saturday 19th of February 2005 09:43:43 PM
Old 02-19-2005
Perhaps you could just use your linux box to handle everything, instead of the SmoothWall. It appears that you fairly competent in using iptables, etc. that you could acomplish this task. SmoothWall is a proprietary software, and you would probably have to find somebody who knows how to use it, or go to their site and read their forums, help pages, etc.

Good Luck,
Robert

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing, Port Mapping, Internet Sharing etc etc

I'm running OS X. (OS X Server actually) and right now I use a program called BrickHouse to handle my router configuration. But this program kind of sucks. I'd much rather learn how to configure these programs manually. By these programs, I mean the programs OS X comes with to handle these jobs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best open source firewall for a Centos Server

any recommendations ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upirate
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

routing and firewall

I have a PC with KUBUNTU installed on it and with 2NIC's on it (two PCI network 100Mbit cards). I want to use it as a server packet router and firewall between two computers with windows installed on them, each of this computer being connected to one different card on the KUBUNTU server. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meorfi
1 Replies

4. Linux

routing rules for dmz in debian router.

Hi to all. There are eth0(wan) eth1(lan) and eth3(dmz) in my debian router. In dmz is planing dns, ad, dhcp, smtp/pop/imap, https(web-based imap client). I don't configured rules on "iptables" and "route" loads for right relation lan clients with dmz services. Please explain me example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Firewall with sslvpn with Internet gateway

hi, i have this diagram internet | | -------------- |firewall/sslvpn | -------------- | | 192.168.0.0/24 | -------------------------- ---- ------------- | internet gateway win2003|----|10.1.2.0/24 |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Iptables/Firewall rules for multicast IP.

Hi Gurus, I need to add Multicast Port = xyz Multicast Address = 123.134.143 ( example) to my firewall rules. Can you please guide me with the lines I need to update my iptables files with. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Source IP address field in RREP on DSR routing

Hello I have a question about routing in MANET using Dynamic Source Routing protocol. IN RFC4728 (DSR) in section "IP fields" of RREP (Route Reply) packet we have this: ok. I read in several books and also in rfc4728 that: when a source node (node that initiate route discovery process)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acu281
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

[Android-Networking] can't acces internet, while settings says all is ok => Routing/Nameserver prob

Hello, since a while, i have a very strange and frustrating network problem with my Huawei p6(Android 4.4.2). The ROM is "Omni Rom", i think - but it shouldn't matter. The problem is: when i try to connect through wlan (i have no mobile internet), according to the network manager of android,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Palindrom
1 Replies
FIREWALLD.CONF(5)						  firewalld.conf						 FIREWALLD.CONF(5)

NAME
firewalld.conf - firewalld configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/firewalld/firewalld.conf DESCRIPTION
firewalld.conf is loaded by firewalld during the initialization process. The file contains the basic configuration options for firewalld. OPTIONS
These are the options that can be set in the config file: DefaultZone This sets the default zone for connections or interfaces if the zone is not selected or specified by NetworkManager, initscripts or command line tool. The default zone is public. MinimalMark For some firewall settings several rules are needed in different tables to be able to handle packets in the correct way. To achieve that these packets are marked using the MARK target iptables(8) and ip6tables(8). With the MinimalMark option a block of marks can be reserved for private use; only marks over this value are used. The default MinimalMark value is 100. CleanupOnExit If firewalld stops, it cleans up all firewall rules. Setting this option to no or false leaves the current firewall rules untouched. The default value is yes or true. Lockdown If this option is enabled, firewall changes with the D-Bus interface will be limited to applications that are listed in the lockdown whitelist (see firewalld.lockdownwhitelist(5)). The default value is no or false. SEE ALSO
firewall-applet(1), firewalld(1), firewall-cmd(1), firewall-config(1), firewalld.conf(5), firewalld.direct(5), firewalld.icmptype(5), firewalld.lockdown-whitelist(5), firewall-offline-cmd(1), firewalld.richlanguage(5), firewalld.service(5), firewalld.zone(5), firewalld.zones(5) NOTES
firewalld home page at fedorahosted.org: http://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/ More documentation with examples: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD AUTHORS
Thomas Woerner <twoerner@redhat.com> Developer Jiri Popelka <jpopelka@redhat.com> Developer firewalld 0.3.9 FIREWALLD.CONF(5)