Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris subversion installation problem Post 62398 by RTM on Tuesday 15th of February 2005 03:36:46 PM
Old 02-15-2005
Make sure /usr/local/bin is in your PATH when executing the script

# echo $PATH

If it isn't then the script won't find gcc. Add it to your path.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.6 installation problem

I tryed to install SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer on P4 2.0 GHz 384 MB ram 40 GB HDD. It booted from the floppy disk, and when it comes to hd_config I got this error: unexpected trap in kernel mode: PANIC: K_trap - kernel mode trap 0x0000000E ** Safe to power off ** Please, what should I do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Guest07
1 Replies

2. Linux

OTRS installation problem

hi frnds I had currently installed OTRS through rpm for Enterprise Linux 3 but its showing the following problems. cmd : rpm -ivh otrs-1.2.4-1.1.el3.dag.noarch.rpm warning: otrs-1.2.4-1.1.el3.dag.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 6b8d79e6 error: Failed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem during installation of Solaris 2.6

Hello, For testing purpose, I need to install SOLARIS 2.6 on a machine SUN FIRE 880 which is installed with Solaris 2.8. When I boot on the cdrom 2.6, the system answers : boot : cannot open /kernel/unix In the documentation, I saw that I need to reset the boot file value in the PROM. I did it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aribault
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation problem

Hi , I have installed a s/w for work tracking (work tracking fecilitator) in linix OS. all my other perl programs are working fine. i have completed the backend part of it but unable to use this application . Please guide me regarding this . I have downloaded the source from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alma
4 Replies

5. AIX

Problem with nim installation

Dear Frnz, I have a strange problem with nim installation. I am able to push the image from Nim server to the client and the Os is reinstalled successfully.But after the installation the client doesnt hold any host name or ip address.That is the host name is assigned as local host and ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin installation problem

hihi, im new here. just start to use cygwin as unix-based in Windows XP. my installation of cygwin is not success, it has procedure entry_impure_ptr problem due with ash.exe, install_info.exe, and In-exe files. do anyone know why is that so? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suraine
3 Replies

7. AIX

HDLM installation problem

Hi Guys, I have a typical problem in installing HDLM software.. Command status says still running ...and at the bottom i see..KAPL09076-I The permanent license was installed. It is not coming out/no errors.. Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Subversion SVN

Hi, I am trtying to install SVN server with Apache. I have already configured apache with SVN modulesh and the same can be seen in the modules directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34740 Jul 3 13:43 mod_authz_svn.so -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 385133 Jul 3 13:43 mod_dav_svn.so now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with accessing subversion installed on unix server through windows GUI

We are using subversion as a version control system in our project. We are connecting to client`s sun Solaris box through check point VPN. Client has installed subversion . We have created repository and add files to it. Now we want to access the same from our windows machine (through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aasid
0 Replies

10. SuSE

SVN(subversion) installation on SLES 11

I had installed svn on SLES 11 using comands: zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:tools:scm:svn/SLE_11/devel:tools:scm:svn.repo zypper refresh zypper install subversion But when I run svn it gives me error as: linux-uw85:~/Desktop # svn help svn: error while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)