Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filesystems Part Deux
Operating Systems Solaris Filesystems Part Deux Post 62312 by Phobos on Monday 14th of February 2005 11:01:56 PM
Old 02-15-2005
Filesystems Part Deux

In reading Ralph's pervious post I came accross a question. Say you have two hard drives in your system. One is running Solaris 10 and the other is Linux on ext2 FS. Is it possible to mount the linux using Solaris and transfer files?

Thanks,
Robert

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marun
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

filesystems resizing

I want to resize my filesystem partitions. Reason is that I have 11GB of disk space unused by Unix which divvy reveals. Is there a way I could resize my filesystems without doing a reinstallation. The secondary problem is that the boot image is too large for a diskette (5MB). I'm running SCO... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshokunbi
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Target LUNs plus que deux sur un SAN de 2 fabrics

salut admin, Normalement mon serveur doit voir un de mes LDEV à partir de deux chemins sur le SAN et ainsi lui attribuer seulement deux Target LUNs. Or il lui en a attribué 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Très bizzare! Auriez vous une idée. Merci pour votre aide appréciée (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing part of header with part of detailed records.

Hi there, I am lil confused with the following issue. I have a File, which has the following header: IMSHRATE_043008_101016 a sample detailed record is :9820101 A982005000CAVG030108000000000000010169000MAR 2008 9820102 MAR 2008 D030108 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joindre deux fichier avec deux champs de jointure

Hello, I come to you asking you a hand on a script that I have performed on a unix server. I have two files that I have to concatenate in a single line. The first file is created like this: mag;code_art;campagne;st_juillet;st_aout;etc The second file is created like this:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steph70
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesystems > 70%

I need a scrip that will show me the filesystems that are greater than 70%...but not sure how to filter using the df -h | grep Thank you for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
E2TOOLS(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						E2TOOLS(7)

NAME
e2tools - utilities to manipulate files in an ext2/ext3 filesystem DESCRIPTION
E2tools is a simple set of GPL'ed utilities to read, write, and manipulate files in an ext2/ext3 filesystem. These utilities access a filesystem directly using the ext2fs library. I wrote these tools in order to copy files into a linux filesystem on a machine that does not have ext2 support. Of course, they can also be used on a linux machine to read/write to disk images or floppies without having to mount them or have root access. Supported functionality: e2cp copy files e2mv move files e2rm remove files e2mkdir create directory e2ln create hard links e2ls list files/directories e2tail output the last part of a file In general, to specify a directory or file on an ext2 filesystem for the e2tools utilities, use the following form: filesystem:directory_path The filesystem can be an unmounted partition or a regular file that's been formatted to contain an ext2 filesystem. In general, if a com- mand takes multiple file names on the command line, if the first one contains an ext2 file specification, the rest of the files are assumed to be on the same filesystem until another one is explicitly stated: /tmp/boot.img:/tmp/file1 /tmp/file2 /tmp/file3 /tmp/boot2.img:/tmp/file4 Files 1-3 are on /tmp/boot.img and the last file is on /tmp/boot2.img SEE ALSO
e2cp(1), e2ln(1), e2ls(1), e2mkdir(1), e2mv(1), e2rm(1), e2tail(1). AUTHOR
The e2tools were written by Keith Sheffield <sheff@pobox.com>. This manual page was written by Lucas Wall <lwall@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). March 2, 2005 E2TOOLS(7)