Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: networking question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers networking question Post 61704 by lewisoco on Monday 7th of February 2005 05:32:02 PM
Old 02-07-2005
Bug

Thank you -Youwantwhat and -Perdarebo for your help. All I did to fix this was: #hostname [ name of host ] as Perdarebo suggested. Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP networking.

In plain english what exactly is IP Networking? Can someone take the time to explain? please! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Networking

I've installed Mandrake 8.1 over the weekend as has someone else in my apartment house. We share a LAN between the apartment with three computers. I've managed to configure SAMBA and if the computers are on windows then we can see my comp. I can't see their comps though. Whenever I go to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kyphur
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

networking

HI guys/gals basic question lets say i am running a network. lets say i am using Win Me. how would i network Win Me to a computer that has linux and another that has 98 well the 98 is no problem but the linux well i have an idea but i am rusty with linux. No i have rusted out. Would you make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pydyer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Need help with networking

I can't or i don't know how to put up a network and internet on sun solaris 10. I looked and found some stuff on forums around net but I'm missing a few files. Like, "defaultrouter", "resolve.conf", ping is not working ( host unreachable), my card is "lo0" when I use ifconfig -a comand. Should I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
8 Replies

5. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Networking

Hi, I have a question on networking. I will try to ask with an example... Suppose i am googling something, as in searching something in the google page. In this case what I basically want to know is, does the client do a connect evrytime to the server whenever a search is done in google,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Networking help

What am I doing wrong, I configure interfaces ce1,ce,2 and ce3 but when I reboot the server they lose the configuration and I have to reset them? ifconfig ce1 plumb ifconfig ce2 plumb ifconfig ce1 155.216.13.72 netmask 255.255.255.240 ifconfig ce2 155.216.13.73 netmask 255.255.255.240... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

simple linux networking question

I have 2 linux hosts running oracle RAC DB with multiple ethernet interfaces . Host 1 netstat -tln |grep 6000 Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State tcp 0 0 :::6000 :::* ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubbu
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Basic networking question

Hii, Today morning I attended an interview, they had showed me the attached image and had few questions about that. The image shows a network with 4 nodes viz.. A B C & D and two switches(layer2) and a router(layer3). Just wanted to know can node A and node D would be on same network e.g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Networking

hi From mt windows machine I can ping a LINUX machine but there is no arp entry for the same LINUX on my windows. How is it possible and what can I do to add the arp entry as I need it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies
check-hostname(1M)					  System Administration Commands					check-hostname(1M)

NAME
check-hostname - check if sendmail can determine the system's fully-qualified host name SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-hostname DESCRIPTION
The check-hostname script is a migration aid for sendmail(1M). This script tries to determine the local host's fully-qualified host name (FQHN) in a manner similar to sendmail(1M). If check-hostname is able to determine the FQHN of the local host, it reports success. Other- wise, check-hostname reports how to reconfigure the system so that the FQHN can be properly determined. FILES
/etc/hosts Host name database /etc/nsswitch.conf Name service switch configuration file /etc/resolv.conf Configuration file for name server routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), hosts(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2003 check-hostname(1M)