Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SAN/NAS Forums
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory SAN/NAS Forums Post 61677 by Neo on Monday 7th of February 2005 02:13:35 PM
Old 02-07-2005
This is the kind of question readily answered with Google.

Did you find one?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Differences between SAN and NAS

Hello, can someobody give me the jist of understanding between network-attached storage (NAS) and storage area network (SAN) technologies ? I looked around but didnt find any links.. Jigs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

3. Linux

FC, iSCSI, and NAS configuration?

I am using Windows Server 2008R2 as a domain controller to 2 other servers and would like to use my Dell Powervault 770N as my NAS for data storage. I have FC that I would like to implement between the servers and the NAS (as an iSCSI target). I am brand new to this world; is this possible? I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoviceAdmin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting columns with NAs

I want to be able to delete columns whose data have more than 10 percent of NAs. x1 x2 x3 x4 1 1 1 1 2 NA 2 2 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA NA 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA so in this case i will delete x4. lets say there are 100 tables with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
1 Replies

5. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS / DAS / SAN / NAS - Which is best?

i've used only NFS and as many already found out, it can be or rather i should say, it is very unreliable. based on the collective experiences of the members on this board, i would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what the next best file sharing method is? is it DAS? SAN? NAS? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

NAS Research

Good Afternoon, Are most NASs compatible with Solaris/RedHat? Specifically, I'm looking at Western Digital ones but none of them say they are - I like My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 – Network Attached Storage | Western Digital (WD) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
RADWHO(1)							 FreeRADIUS Daemon							 RADWHO(1)

NAME
radwho - show online users SYNOPSIS
radwho [-c] [-d raddb_directory] [-f] [-i] [-n] [-N nas_ip_address] [-p] [-P nas_port] [-r] [-R] [-s] [-S] [-u user] [-U user] [-Z] DESCRIPTION
The FreeRADIUS server can be configured to maintain an active session database in a file called radutmp. This utility shows the content of that session database. OPTIONS
-c Shows caller ID (if available) instead of the full name. -d raddb_directory The directory that contains the RADIUS configuration files. Defaults to /etc/raddb. -f Behave as the 'fingerd' daemon - waits for one line of input, then prints the output with lines terminated. -i Shows the session ID instead of the full name. -n Normally radwho looks up the username in the systems password file, and shows the full username as well. The -n flags prevents this. -N nas_ip_address Show only those entries which match the given NAS IP address. -p Adds an extra column for the port type - I for ISDN, A for Analog. -P nas_port Show only those entries which match the given NAS port. -r Outputs all data in raw format - no headers, no formatting, fields are comma-separated. -R Output all data in RADIUS attribute format. All fields are printed. -s Show full name. -S Hide shell users. Doesn't show the entries for users that do not have a SLIP or PPP session. -u user Show only those entries which match the given username (case insensitive). -U user Show only those entries which match the given username (case sensitive). -Z When combined with -R, prints out the contents of an Accounting-Request packet which can be passed to radclient, in order to "zap" that users session from radutmp. For example, $ radwho -ZRN 10.0.0.1 | radclient -f - radius.example.net acct testing123 will result in all an Accounting-Request packet being sent to the RADIUS server, which tells the server that the NAS rebooted. i.e. It "zaps" all of the users on that NAS. To "zap" one user, specifiy NAS, username, and NAS port: $ radwho -ZRN 10.0.0.1 -u user -P 10 | radclient -f - radius.example.net acct testing123 Other combinations are also possible. SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radclient(1), radiusd.conf(5). AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl. 7 April 2005 RADWHO(1)