Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add PCI ethernet card?
Operating Systems AIX Add PCI ethernet card? Post 61612 by Jwoollard on Sunday 6th of February 2005 07:23:34 AM
Old 02-06-2005
Thanks Manu,

Can I use any PCI ehternet card or does it have to be an IBM card. Specifically I have a 3COM Fast Etherlnk XL PCI 10/100 BASE TX (3C905B-TX) adapter I wanted to use. I downloaded drivers for this card from IBM but the README states that if the card isn't IBM's version it won't work... I guess I could just try it anyway. Have any ideas? Thanks.

Jeff

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PCI Ethernet Cards for IBM RISC 6000 - B50's

I am trying to find PCI Ethernet cards that are compatible with the IBM RISC 6000 - B50 Power PC. None of the regular NIC's seem to have AIX drivers. Does anyone know of AIX drivers for standard PCI Ethernet NIC's or a non IBM NIC that works with the Model B50 at 10/100 MB ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahe
0 Replies

2. AIX

PCI Ethernet NIC's for IBM RISC 600 Model B50

I am trying to locate a non IBM PCI Ethernet card that will work with the Model B50 RISC box. Alternatively, I need to find AIX drivers for standard PCI Ethernet NIC's ?. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahe
0 Replies

3. SuSE

HCF win modem PCI card

Hey all, ive got redhat 80 and trying to install a HCF win modem. Ive intsalled the drivers from linuxant.com using the rpm - i packagename.rpm command, but i still cant use the modem any suggestions ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiwi_bloke
3 Replies

4. Solaris

rs232 pci-card

hello mates, do you know a manufactor for rs232 serial pci cards for the sparc architecture? it seems that there is no original product from sun for that purpose. strange, isn't it? problem is that i have a V250 with only one db9 rs232 serial port, and i need it for a modem connection, but i also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disable power management to a PCI card

I have a US Robotics USR5416 wireless networking card and everytime after hours of inactivity the cardseems to shutdown. I read somewhere the it does not support power management. Is there a way to disable power management to that particular PCI card? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diesel440
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

7. Linux

PCI Card recognized

I installed PCI Card HP SC44Ge - SAS1068E on my linux CentOS 5.4 is there a way to find out if the PCI is properly installed and recognized by linux. lspci is enough? just to add that PCI card is connected to a tape... also how can I find out driver and firmware version? thanks a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Q:x4270_m2 reconfigure PCI card to slot 5?

Hello all, I have a problem with my x4270_m2 server. I have a GBE lan built into the back of my server and I have a QGE pci card in slot 2 to be used as a redundant. My server is not picking up the QGE lan card in slot2. From investigation of the /etc/path_to_inst, which shows: #grep e1000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't ping new PCI LAN card x4270_m2

Hi, I've recently moved my pci LAN card from Slot2 Slot5 on my sun x4270_m2 server (solaris 10). I've done the touch / reconfigure and devfsadm, however my issue is that im able to configure the e1000g7 port with an ip address (192.168.0.1) but if i plug my laptop (set with static ip... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
7 Replies

10. AIX

AIX -How to find which NIC is on which PCI card

Hi All, How can I find out which is ETH5 on my AIX P5 system. I have about seven different NIC card on this. I did move the cable to each one but still I was not able to see the link light up when I did netstat -v Any idea? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
EEPRO100-DIAG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  EEPRO100-DIAG(8)

NAME
eepro100-diag - EEPROM setup and diagnostic program for Intel EtherExpress Pro100B, and EEPro PCI 10+ ethernet cards. SYNOPSIS
eepro100-diag [options] DESCRIPTION
eepro100-diag is a program that you can use to diagnose problems with ethernet cards based the "Speedo3" chip series: the i82557, '558 and '559. These chips are used on the EtherExpress Pro100B, and EEPro PCI 10+. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -V, --version Show version of program. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -q, --quiet Be very unverbose. -# <cardnum>, --card_num <cardnum> Use card number <cardnum>. -a, --show_all_registers Print all registers. -e, --show-eeprom Dump EEPROM contents to stdout. -E, --emergency-rewrite Re-write a corrupted EEPROM. -p, --port-base <port> Specify port to use. -A, --Advertise <mediaype> Advertise media type. Valid Options are: 10baseT, 100baseT4, 100baseTx, 100baseTx-FD, 100baseTx-HD, 10baseT-FD and 10baseHD. -F, --new-interface <interface> Interface number. Options that make sense are: 10baseT, 10base2, AUI, 100baseTx, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTx-FDX, 100baseT4, 100baseFx, 100baseFx-FDX, MII and Autosense. -H, --new-hwaddress <address> Set card to a new hardware address. -m, --show-mii Dump MII management registers. -R, --reset Reset the transceiver. -T, --test Do register and SRAM test. -w, --write-EEPROM <values> Write to the EEPROMS with the specified values. Do not use this, if you do not know what you do! -f, --force-detection Try to identify the card, even if it is active. -t, --chip-type <card> Explicitly set the chip. To get all valid numbers, run eepro100-diag with the options '-t -1'. SEE ALSO
mii-diag(8) AUTHOR
eepro100-diag was written and is still maintained by Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>. This manual page was written by Alain Schroeder <alain@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). February 18, 2002 EEPRO100-DIAG(8)