Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Updating Profile from script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Updating Profile from script Post 61539 by artfuldodger on Friday 4th of February 2005 02:48:25 PM
Old 02-04-2005
thanks

Korn shell

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Error updating profile

I'm trying to update my profile with a temp e-mail address. This is a hotmail e-mail address and it wont allow it. The reason for this is I've changed my service with my ISP since I've moved :D and well I've gone form Cable to DSL :mad: Now my e-mail accounts are still there but I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in updating .profile file in HP-UX B.11.00 machine

Hello All, I am using a HP-UX machine and I want to update the .profile file so that after login to my userID that will be applicable to my ID also. What I am trying to do is : In .profile file I am trying to write in /home/userID folder: export PATH=$PATH:$HOME:. so that whenever I will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek0071
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for updating table using file(

Hi, Data file path (.txt) Control file(.ctl) I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for updating a .csv file

Hello guys, I have one .csv file with all the file names(.c,.h,.sm,.txt etc)..... Now i have compared two baseline in UCM and got a report in .txt file,which looks like this...... DIFFBL INT_1029_Rel6.0.0.90@\DIR_PVOB STD_6.0.0.50_UCM@\DIR_PVOB (COMPONENT TEXT) Comparing the following: ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating a single line by script

hi, I'm trying to add a # to the beginning of the line where the a word is included. and the i want to run the whole original script. and if possible I would prefer that line would stay in the same order in the text file, the line which includes the word. Thanks, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozum
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need script for updating spreadsheet in sharepoint

Hi All, Can any one please help me in writing a script or similiar to that to update excelsheet in sharepoint. Basically what I am trying to do here is to copy the coloumns from the output of a shell script and paste that in excel sheet which is in sharepoint. Please help me. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thankful123
1 Replies
PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)

NAME
pam-auth-update - manage PAM configuration using packaged profiles SYNOPSIS
pam-auth-update [--package [--remove profile [profile...]]] [--force] DESCRIPTION
pam-auth-update is a utility that permits configuring the central authentication policy for the system using pre-defined profiles as sup- plied by PAM module packages. Profiles shipped in the /usr/share/pam-configs/ directory specify the modules, with options, to enable; the preferred ordering with respect to other profiles; and whether a profile should be enabled by default. Packages providing PAM modules reg- ister their profiles at install time by calling pam-auth-update --package. Selection of profiles is done using the standard debconf inter- face. The profile selection question will be asked at `medium' priority when packages are added or removed, so no user interaction is required by default. Users may invoke pam-auth-update directly to change their authentication configuration. The script makes every effort to respect local changes to /etc/pam.d/common-*. Local modifications to the list of module options will be preserved, and additions of modules within the managed portion of the stack will cause pam-auth-update to treat the config files as locally modified and not make further changes to the config files unless given the --force option. If the user specifies that pam-auth-update should override local configuration changes, the locally-modified files will be saved in /etc/pam.d/ with a suffix of .pam-old. OPTIONS
--package Indicate that the caller is a package maintainer script; lowers the priority of debconf questions to `medium' so that the user is not prompted by default. --remove profile [profile...] Remove the specified profiles from the system configuration. pam-auth-update --remove should be used to remove profiles from the configuration before the modules they reference are removed from disk, to ensure that PAM is in a consistent and usable state at all times during package upgrades or removals. --force Overwrite the current PAM configuration, without prompting. This option must not be used by package maintainer scripts; it is intended for use by administrators only. FILES
/etc/pam.d/common-* Global configuration of PAM, affecting all installed services. /usr/share/pam-configs/ Package-supplied authentication profiles. AUTHOR
Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Canonical Ltd. SEE ALSO
PAM(7), pam.d(5), debconf(7) Debian 08/23/2008 PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)