Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Free size for File System
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Free size for File System Post 61406 by videsh77 on Thursday 3rd of February 2005 05:30:32 AM
Old 02-03-2005
Problem is, I cannot determine some path, is 'mounted on' what.

I already tried df -k. It gives me a complete list.

I want to know something, if I am in /abc/def/ghi

then on which filesystem it is mounted, how much free space, % utilized & so on... only for the filesystem consisting /abc/def/ghi.

uname -a gives following output -
AIX machinename 2 5 0038967C4C00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system size change

Good morning folks! I'm new here.. trying to find an answer on how to resize filesystem. Need to add some space to c0t0d0s5, /var... Is it possible at all? JV (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvinn
9 Replies

2. AIX

file system size

Dear ALL Today I faced one problem in the file system, during invoking the command #df -k , I saw /usr reached to 95% Used, could any one give advice ? thanks & regarded (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
7 Replies

3. Programming

how to get the file system size

I have the next code, and the output is incosistent, what is the problem: free blocks: 1201595 block size: 4096 total size(free blocks * block size): 626765824 1201595 * 4096 not is 626765824, what's the problem??? #include <sys/statvfs.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(){ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucaxvu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

free some space in file system

dear all, I have some problem in my file system : df -k result : ... /dev/md/dsk/d3 3101839 2736380 303423 91% /var ... it occupied around 2.7 gb but when I tried command du -sk /var 813991 /var so /var only have around 800Mb , Do you know why there is many difference... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fu4d
6 Replies

5. Programming

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)? Is there any standard function or system function? Just like "df" or "getdfree" in Linux. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yidu
4 Replies

6. Solaris

increasing file system size

Hi Can anyone explain me how to increase the filesystem size. We can do it when the system is running? It needs an reboot? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
8 Replies

7. AIX

increase the size of file system

Hi all, we are usig aix 4.3 and i need to increase the size of "/u01" file sytem which is mounted on logical volume "lv00", but "/u01" file system size is 9 GB and logical volume "lvoo" size 9 GB.how do i increase the size of /u01.do i increase the size of logical volume "lv00" and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size on the operating system

When I do df -h, I see that one of my partitions is out of space. Then when I do du -h, I get thousands of files. How do I only look at files over a specific size. I want directories over 500m to be returned only. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get free space of file system

Hi guys, I'm trying to get free space in GB of file system into parameter. I have the following code: > cat get_free_space_FS.ksh #! /bin/ksh FS=/dw/mar FreeSpace=`df -h | grep $FS | awk '{print $4}'` echo $FreeSpace > ./get_free_space_FS.ksh 362G My question is ,how can I cut in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
4 Replies
subst(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  subst(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
subst - Perform backslash, command, and variable substitutions SYNOPSIS
subst ?-nobackslashes? ?-nocommands? ?-novariables? string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command performs variable substitutions, command substitutions, and backslash substitutions on its string argument and returns the fully-substituted result. The substitutions are performed in exactly the same way as for Tcl commands. As a result, the string argument is actually substituted twice, once by the Tcl parser in the usual fashion for Tcl commands, and again by the subst command. If any of the -nobackslashes, -nocommands, or -novariables are specified, then the corresponding substitutions are not performed. For example, if -nocommands is specified, command substitution is not performed: open and close brackets are treated as ordinary characters with no special interpretation. Note that the substitution of one kind can include substitution of other kinds. For example, even when the -novariables option is speci- fied, command substitution is performed without restriction. This means that any variable substitution necessary to complete the command substitution will still take place. Likewise, any command substitution necessary to complete a variable substitution will take place, even when -nocommands is specified. See the EXAMPLES below. If an error occurs during substitution, then subst will return that error. If a break exception occurs during command or variable substi- tution, the result of the whole substitution will be the string (as substituted) up to the start of the substitution that raised the excep- tion. If a continue exception occurs during the evaluation of a command or variable substitution, an empty string will be substituted for that entire command or variable substitution (as long as it is well-formed Tcl.) If a return exception occurs, or any other return code is returned during command or variable substitution, then the returned value is substituted for that substitution. See the EXAMPLES below. In this way, all exceptional return codes are "caught" by subst. The subst command itself will either return an error, or will complete successfully. EXAMPLES
When it performs its substitutions, subst does not give any special treatment to double quotes or curly braces (except within command sub- stitutions) so the script set a 44 subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {44}", not "xyz {$a}" and the script set a "p} q {r" subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {p} q {r}", not "xyz {p} q {r}". When command substitution is performed, it includes any variable substitution necessary to evaluate the script. set a 44 subst -novariables {$a [format $a]} returns "$a 44", not "$a $a". Similarly, when variable substitution is performed, it includes any command substitution necessary to retrieve the value of the variable. proc b {} {return c} array set a {c c [b] tricky} subst -nocommands {[b] $a([b])} returns "[b] c", not "[b] tricky". The continue and break exceptions allow command substitutions to prevent substitution of the rest of the command substitution and the rest of string respectively, giving script authors more options when processing text using subst. For example, the script subst {abc,[break],def} returns "abc,", not "abc,,def" and the script subst {abc,[continue;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,,def", not "abc,3,def". Other exceptional return codes substitute the returned value subst {abc,[return foo;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def" and subst {abc,[return -code 10 foo;expr {1+2}],def} also returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def". SEE ALSO
Tcl(n), eval(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
backslash substitution, command substitution, variable substitution Tcl 7.4 subst(n)