Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: view access logs telenet
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers view access logs telenet Post 61338 by RTM on Wednesday 2nd of February 2005 01:07:55 PM
Old 02-02-2005
If the logs are ascii text, use the tail command

% tail -f mylog.log

Scrolls what is coming into the log file - control-C to get out. See the man page for tail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to view logs of a server

Please share a shell script to collect logs of a server (like cpu utilization, memory etc) for a perticular time interval by giving date, time and server name as input. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to view restricted sam access

Hello everybody, i need to check which users have resticted sam access..can anybody please let me know how to check this..? Thanks in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view the unix logs in windows ??

Hi ! I have a FTP site, where I softlinked my server log file. Now I want to view the logs in IE as I do in unix Some kind of free tool should be there, Can somebody provide me a pointer. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to grep 500 error messages from access logs

Hello Team, I need help to improve my script which is used to grep 500 error messages in the logs. I am using following logic in the script to grep 500 error messages in the logs. var1=`awk '$9 == "500"' access_log | tail -1` The above logic is not useful if logs are not getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to view dynamically updated managed server logs from the same putty window

Hi, I want to know how we can view two or three logs which are dynamically getting updated from a single/same putty window with tail commnad. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsudha
7 Replies

7. Solaris

How to view audit logs in Solaris?

Does anyone know if there is software written to view the audit logs generated by Solaris? I am referring the the logs created by auditd. It produces an unreadable log. I am familiar with auditreduce and praudit, but I am looking for something that produces a report, much like logwatch looks at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

What are these events (from Proxy access logs)?

Hi all, I'm trying to identify what this is in my proxy access logs: POST http://123.123.123.123/open/1 Followed by thousands of: POST http://123.123.123.123/IVmYwvJKhJFesFjK/1001 POST http://123.123.123.123/IVmYwvJKhJFesFjK/1002 POST http://123.123.123.123/IVmYwvJKhJFesFjK/1003 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script to View Logs

Hi I'm very new to unix shell scripting. Im also new here in this forum. I'm a SQL Server DBA but I'm slowly learning Oracle and Sybase DB. Our Oracle and Sybase are on Unix platforms. Im slowly learning Linux Admin and Shell Scripting to automate tasks. I'm writing a script to view DB error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricky777
4 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
MERGELOGS(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MERGELOGS(1)

NAME
mergelogs - merge and consolidate web server logs SYNOPSIS
mergelogs -p penlog [-c] [-d] [-j jitter] [-t seconds] server1:logfile1 [server2:logfile2 ...] EXAMPLES
mergelogs -p pen.log 10.0.0.1:access_log.1 10.0.0.2:access_log.2 mergelogs -p pen.log 10.0.18.6:access_log-10.0.18.6 10.0.18.8:access_log-10.0.18.8 DESCRIPTION
When pen is used to load balance web servers, the web server log file lists all accesses as coming from the host running pen. This makes it more difficult to analyze the log file. To solve this, pen creates its own log file, which contains the real client address, the time of the access, the target server address and the first few bytes of the requests. Mergelogs reads pen's log file and the log files of all load balanced web servers, compares each entry and creates a combined log file that looks as if the web server cluster were a single physical server. Client addresses are replaced with the real client addresses. In the event that no matching client address can be found in the pen log, the server address is used instead. This should never happen, and is meant as a debugging tool. A large number of these indicates that the server system date needs to be set, or that the jitter value is too small. You probably don't want to use this program. Penlog is a much more elegant and functional solution. OPTIONS
-c Do not cache pen log entries. The use of this option is not recommended, as it will make mergelogs search the entire pen log for every line in the web server logs. -d Debugging (repeat for more). -p penlog Log file from pen. -j jitter Jitter in seconds (default 600). This is the maximum variation in time stamps in the pen and web server log files. A smaller value will result in a smaller pen log cache and faster processing, at the risk of missed entries. -t seconds The difference in seconds between the time on the pen server and UTC. For example, this is 7200 (two hours) in Finland. server:logfile Web server address and name of log file. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2001-2003 Ulric Eriksson, <ulric@siag.nu>. SEE ALSO
pen(1), webresolve(1), penlog(1), penlogd(1) LOCAL MERGELOGS(1)