Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup suggestions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backup suggestions Post 61271 by locustfurnace on Tuesday 1st of February 2005 03:19:57 PM
Old 02-01-2005
rsync
Is an open source utility that provides fast incremental file transfer. rsync is freely available under the GPL.

rsync useage examples.
http://rsync.samba.org/examples.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestions on where to begin?

I have been a student at Hendrix Institute for about a year now. My term is comming to an end by the end of december. I have learned varios computer programs for web development that include Flash 5 and Dreamweaver. Actionscripting, Javascript and Database development with Access was all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew25008
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup Suggestions.

Hi all, Have two SCO 5.0.5 systems and one Slackware(joy?) system. I've been asked to backup all three systems onto a newly acquired AIT Tape drive that we've installed on one of the SCO boxes. Using the existing cpio backup script on the one SCO works a treat and is really fast (which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looking for Suggestions...

We run WebSphere and by default it wants to install everything under /usr. While I can understand the default (everyone has a /usr) I would like to move this over to a dedicated volume group called apps and then setup my lv's and fs's here. Our WebSphere Admin doesn't like this because apparently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

5. Programming

C Beginner Looking For Suggestions

A few weeks ago at the recommendation of people I trust, I bought and started reading Kernighan and Ritchie's (K&R) C Programming Language. For one thing, it's damn thin compared to the O'Reilly Practical C I just finished last month. It covers generally the same stuff but in a much more... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need suggestions.......

Hello there....i am a final year comp science student.......i am thinking of doing my project on unix platform......which one do u suggest?thanx in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theprasad1990
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions on this script please

i=1 out="" j=`expr 2 * $1` while do out="$out"#"" echo $out ((i=i+1)) done while do print ${out%?} ((i=i+1)) done This script is throwing an error: gurnish:/home/fnb/gurnish/saurabh/scripts> while1 3 expr: 0402-050 Syntax error. # (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
6 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_rsyncd - Manages an rsync daemon SYNOPSIS
rsyncd [start | stop | monitor | validate-all | meta-data] DESCRIPTION
This script manages rsync daemon SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binpath The rsync binary path. For example, "/usr/bin/rsync" (optional, string, default rsync) conffile The rsync daemon configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/rsyncd.conf" (optional, string, default /etc/rsyncd.conf) bwlimit This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second. This option is most effective when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of data are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before sending the next data block. The result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of zero specifies no limit. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a rsyncd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_rsyncd ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/rsyncd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)