Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Related
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Related Post 60925 by JaMaL on Tuesday 25th of January 2005 04:40:38 AM
Old 01-25-2005
Guys Attention

Linux is Not Unix , i need unix for intel p3 , and thanks any way bro i have alot of linux distros but i want unix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to Emailing from UNIX

Hi All, I would like to write a script which sends an email to clients. mailx -s "TEST" $EMAIL_RECIPIENTS < FILE ...will send an email to EMAIL_RECIPIENTS with TEST as the subject and FILE as the body. Now I have a another CONTROL_FILE which is constant all the times (FILE in the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory related Unix commands

I am using rsync for my backing up my files, from one box to other box, While doing I am getting following error. arb821/Server/logs/rpcMetrics/ arb821/Server/logs/AribaOrderTransmitterLog.txt write failed on arb821/Server/logs/AribaOrderTransmitterLog.txt : Error 0 rsync error: error in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

3. Programming

help me with the error of Java related to UNIX

Can you help me with my code? I wrote a Java program and ran it in gdb, the debugger said that : (gdb) run handhelditems 1 1000 Starting program: /home/wqq/crawl/handhelditems/crawl_what_i_want handhelditems 1 1000 Program received signal SIGPWR, Power fail/restart. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cf.george
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not quite related to Unix but CP/M file structure...

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm having some trouble with the directories in CP/M... I'm sorry about the length but I'm totally confused... I've seen that the directory entry in CP/M contains the following: 1 byte User Code 8 bytes Filename 3 bytes File extension 1 byte Extension 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums. I registered my id but I am unable to post my Questions to Forum. Thanks & Regards, indusri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indusri
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic doubts related to Unix

Hi all, I have few question related to Unix environment and commands : 1. what is .chrc file contain and if it is not present then what happens. 2. what is .login file contain,in which dir it is present and what all other uses are their for this file 3. how and who calls .profile when you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

7. Fedora

How is OS X related to unix

Ok, I gotta ask this question, I have just begun fundamentals of UNIX in college and have learned or heard that Mac's OS-X is a linux based os! Does this mean that unix shell commands work in OS-X? I have no experience with os-x yet. I know it's a stupid question but I gotta know! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: boarder428
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix commands Related to

Hi all, Does unix has any commands for creating BLOB and CLOB objects. Please forward me any sites or samples (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting related queries

Hi, I need to know wat does if ! >$tmp_out in the below script mean: tmp_out=$SCRATCH_DIR/file_cat.$$.tmp if ! > $tmp_out then print "Could not initialize temorary file" >&2 my_exit_code=21 break fi ---------- Post updated at 04:28 AM ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek.gupta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies
BIND(2) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   BIND(2)

NAME
bind - bind a name to a socket SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> int bind(int sockfd, struct sockaddr *my_addr, socklen_t addrlen); DESCRIPTION
bind gives the socket sockfd the local address my_addr. my_addr is addrlen bytes long. Traditionally, this is called "assigning a name to a socket." When a socket is created with socket(2), it exists in a name space (address family) but has no name assigned. It is normally necessary to assign a local address using bind before a SOCK_STREAM socket may receive connections (see accept(2)). The rules used in name binding vary between address families. Consult the manual entries in Section 7 for detailed information. For AF_INET see ip(7), for AF_UNIX see unix(7), for AF_APPLETALK see ddp(7), for AF_PACKET see packet(7), for AF_X25 see x25(7) and for AF_NETLINK see netlink(7). RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EBADF sockfd is not a valid descriptor. EINVAL The socket is already bound to an address. This may change in the future: see linux/unix/sock.c for details. EACCES The address is protected, and the user is not the super-user. ENOTSOCK Argument is a descriptor for a file, not a socket. The following errors are specific to UNIX domain (AF_UNIX) sockets: EINVAL The addrlen is wrong, or the socket was not in the AF_UNIX family. EROFS The socket inode would reside on a read-only file system. EFAULT my_addr points outside the user's accessible address space. ENAMETOOLONG my_addr is too long. ENOENT The file does not exist. ENOMEM Insufficient kernel memory was available. ENOTDIR A component of the path prefix is not a directory. EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in resolving my_addr. BUGS
The transparent proxy options are not described. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, 4.4BSD (the bind function first appeared in BSD 4.2). SVr4 documents additional EADDRNOTAVAIL, EADDRINUSE, and ENOSR general error conditions, and additional EIO and EISDIR Unix-domain error conditions. NOTE
The third argument of bind is in reality an int (and this is what BSD 4.* and libc4 and libc5 have). Some POSIX confusion resulted in the present socklen_t. See also accept(2). SEE ALSO
accept(2), connect(2), listen(2), socket(2), getsockname(2), ip(7), socket(7) Linux 2.2 1998-10-03 BIND(2)