Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IRC and Root
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IRC and Root Post 60819 by 9613315400 on Saturday 22nd of January 2005 08:36:28 AM
Old 01-22-2005
thank you locustfurnace for your reply...
Well what you said, i basicly know it, an di know how to create a user, i already have...
But how could a user over the internet make a script, and let it run onto my PC, unless i run it by myself??
then, as a GPS application, as i know GPS will collect data from a known source, which is pre defined by the GPS application, like if i set the unix.com as a authorative site, that i don;t mind receiving things from it, so i don;t care if it is malicious...
thank you

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Irc??

hi there everybody.. i just noticed that there is no forum dedicated to internet relay chat (IRC)... although there are several threads focused on this, i think it is quite better if there is a forum where questions on IRC are tackled head-on in a purely academic level... anyway, this is just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cable21
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where is Mozilla IRC Client on SuSE?

I have grown to love the IRC client built into the windows version of the Mozilla web browser. I bring up the browser and put irc:// into the URL drop down box and the IRC client pops up in a seperate window. However, when I use the Mozilla browser in SuSE 10, it just says "illegal protocol" or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup a shell to use IRC behind firewall help

So, I have a free shell from an online provider which offer IRC access, I am behind a firewall blocking all IRC ports @ work, how can I use the Shell to get on IRC from work? What do I need to setup on the shell to be able to connect to the shell on the ssh port which allows connections from work,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: KromiX
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My domain name as my IRC hostname?

When I connect to any IRC server, it's usually my ISP IP address/hostname. I own a domain, but I'm not using it for anything (no web hosting service or server). Is it possible for me to use my domain as my IRC hostname instead of my regular ISP hostname? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ii for irc chat - scripting assistance?

I am using ii for irc on my pogoplug... hxxp://hg.suckless.org/ii/file/d163c8917af7/FAQ If you look at the bottom of there, it states 31 What other fancy stuff can I do with ii? 32 ---------------------------------------- 33 It is very easy to write irc bots in ii: 34... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartan2006
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

7. SCO

Irc port

does anyone know of a port of irc like irssi for unixware? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deus-programmer
3 Replies
KISMET(1)                                                   BSD General Commands Manual                                                  KISMET(1)

NAME
kismet -- Wireless sniffing and monitoring SYNOPSIS
kismet [server-options] [--] [client-options] kismet_server [-nqs] [-t title] [-f config-file] [-c capture-source] [-C enable-capture-sources] [-l log-types] [-d dump-type] [-m max-packets-per-file] [-g gpshost:port] [-p listen-port] [-a allowed-hosts] [-N server-name] kismet_client [-qr] [-f config-file] [-s serverhost:port] [-g gui-type] [-c display-columns] DESCRIPTION
Kismet is an 802.11 layer2 wireless network detector, sniffer, and intrusion detection system. Kismet will work with any wireless card which supports raw monitoring (rfmon) mode, and can sniff 802.11b, 802.11a, and 802.11g traffic. Kismet identifies networks by passively collecting packets and detecting standard named networks, detecting (and given time, decloaking) hid- den networks, and inferring the presence of nonbeaconing networks via data traffic. kismet supports logging to the wtapfile packet format (readable by tcpdump and ethereal) and saves detected network informat as plaintext, CSV, and XML. kismet is capable of using any GPS supported by gpsd and logs and plots network data. kismet is divided into three basic programs, kismet_server kismet_client and gpsmap USAGE
kismet handles automatically starting kismet_server and kismet_client. kismet is installed as suid-root by default. It will drop privs to the user specified in kismet.conf immediately after binding and configur- ing the capture source. KISMET_SERVER kismet_server captures, dissects, and logs packets and GPS data. It is capable of running in `headless' mode with no display. Multiple clients (on multiple computers) can be connected to a single server. -I Set the initial channel for a channel source (source:channel) -x Forcibly enable the channel hopper -X Forcibly disable the channel hopper -t Set the title used for the %t field of the logfile template (Default: Kismet) -n Disable all logging -f Use an alternate config file -c Override capture source lines (type,interface,name). Refer to kismet.conf(5) for more information. Multiple capture source options can be specified for multiple sources. All sources provided here are automatically enabled unless an enable list is also supplied. -C Comma-separated list to override what capture sources are enabled. -l Override logging types, comma separated (dump, cisco, weak, csv, xml, gps) -m Override maximum packets logged per file -q Override sound option and run in quiet mode -g Override GPS host:port -p Override port to listen on for clients -a Override list of client IPs or network/mask blocks (comma separated) allowed to connect -s Run in silent mode (no console status information) -N Override server name for this instance of Kismet -v Print version -h Help KISMET_CLIENT kismet_client is a ncurses and panels interface which connects to the server and displays detected networks, statistics, network details, etc. -f Use an alternate config file -u Use an alternate UI config file -q Override sound option and run in quiet mode -s Override server host:port -r Attempt to automatically restablish the connection if the server terminates -g Override UI type (curses, panel) -c Override list of columns to display (comma seperated) -v Print version -h Help GPSMAP
gpsmap reads GPS and Network XML datafiles and plots networks on downloaded maps or user-supplied images (such as satellite photos). SEE ALSO
kismet_drone(1), gpsmap(1), kismet.conf(5), kismet_ui.conf(5), kismet_drone.conf(5) Kismet June 11, 2019 Kismet