Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris vs Linux Security
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Solaris vs Linux Security Post 60796 by 98_1LE on Friday 21st of January 2005 08:51:07 PM
Old 01-21-2005
Uh, okay. Can someone explain why the same os on EMT64T hardware is more secure....

You do not have to spend $500 to get an UltraSparc box to compile code on. Ultra 5/10's can be had on eBay for 1/10 that.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Linux Security help..! Thanks

I am newer to Linux/Unix/RedHat etc... I run a Linux root server with some 55 domain names, about 3 months ago the server was exploited. I need some good advice as far as Firewell's go and getting everything up and running. It was a pain in my *** and cost a lot of time and money.. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: denveraccess
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux security

Hi all. I'm so new to Linux I don't even know where to start. I'm running sles 9 and I've had it up for 2 days now. I'd like to start with information on how to secure my server. I want to use it for hosting my personal web site and email eventually. Does anyone know of a good site that will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jreid08
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 security

Hi all, I have some questions for you about Solaris 9 security (if you also know the answers for Red Hat enterprise linux 3 et HP UX 11i, this would help too). I have already found many documents about general UNIX security, but some points are still obscure. Please take time to try to help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aaclof
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unix/Solaris security?

Hello Admins, I just have a curious question on unix passwords... As unix passwords are encrypted, so any hacker can took those passwds from etc/shadow and decrypt them using any algorithms....and using decryption, he can get the passwd and easily get into the system..... so how can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)