Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris equivalent prtdiag and prtconf command Post 60724 by RTM on Thursday 20th of January 2005 07:40:41 PM
Old 01-20-2005
None that I remember but it matters what you are looking for as far as information.

Try psrinfo or sysdef - don't know if they were part of old SunOS or not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent command to 'stat'

Can anyone tell me which is the equivalent command to 'stats' in ksh shell which discribes the file system? Thanks in advance Regards, Im_new (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: im_new
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prtconf

Hi, Please let me know the equalent Linux command for "prtconf". Thanks in Advance, Naga:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

3. AIX

prtconf command not working in Aix 5.3

put prtconf command,after show this error message: bash-3.00# prtconf /usr/sbin/prtconf: msize=msize + 12544^J12544: syntax error pleae help me...........waiting for replay by mohan.s Aix sysadmin (deleted email, rule violation) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohan62
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ttytype equivalent command in Solaris.

Hi All, We are trying to migrate scripts from HP Unix to Solaris server, in one of the profile file following command is used to set terminal settings and export its value, "ttytype -a -s " Now the same command is not present in Solaris, could someone let me know which command should i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindcgi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need svcs equivalent command

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. Can someboby help me with the svcs equivalent command in HP-UX ??? svcs is command that we use in Solaris for service status. I need to get the status of services in HP-UX. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
2 Replies

6. Linux

prtconf in Linux

Hello, i would like to know the alternate command in Linux for the below command used in Solaris. # prtconf -D | egrep 'pci,|network|ethernet|SUNW,qfe' pci, instance #0 (driver name: pcicmu) pci, instance #0 (driver name: px) pci, instance #0 (driver name: pxb_plx) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
6 Replies

7. AIX

smitty equivalent command line command

i know after you do something in smitty via the gui, you can click something in smitty that will show you how to do the same thing via the command line, (not using the gui) can anyone tell me how (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A faster equivalent for this sed command

Hello guys, I'm cleaning out big XML files (we're talking about 1GB at least), most of them contain words written in a non-latin alphabet. The command I'm using is so slow it's not even funny: cat $1 | sed -e :a -e 's/&lt;*&gt;//g;/&lt;/N;//ba;s/</ /g;s/>/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
4 Replies

9. Solaris

prtdiag command works only from commandline manually

When i run the command sudo /usr/sbin/prtdiag manually on a solaris 10 box, it works as expected. But the same command from my java code gives me the following error. picl_initialize failed: Daemon not responding. I am unable to figure out why is not running from my code.:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randeepsp
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create the equivalent of the command WC

hi all, i'm trying to do this exercise, i want to create a script that can substitute WC command in unix, can someone help me? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marina2013
11 Replies
psrinfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       psrinfo(1M)

NAME
psrinfo - displays information about processors SYNOPSIS
psrinfo [-p] [-v] [processor_id...] psrinfo [-p] -s processor_id DESCRIPTION
psrinfo displays information about processors. Each physical processor may support multiple virtual processors. Each virtual processor is an entity with its own interrupt ID, capable of executing independent threads. Without the processor_id operand, psrinfo displays one line for each configured processor, displaying whether it is on-line, non-interrupt- ible (designated by no-intr), spare, off-line, faulted or powered off, and when that status last changed. Use the processor_id operand to display information about a specific processor. See OPERANDS. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s processor_id Silent mode. Displays 1 if the specified processor is fully on-line. Displays 0 if the specified processor is non-inter- ruptible, spare, off-line, faulted or powered off. Use silent mode when using psrinfo in shell scripts. -p Display the number of physical processors in a system. When combined with the -v option, reports additional information about each physical processor. -v Verbose mode. Displays additional information about the specified processors, including: processor type, floating point unit type and clock speed. If any of this information cannot be determined, psrinfo displays unknown. When combined with the -p option, reports additional information about each physical processor. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: processor_id The processor ID of the processor about which information is to be displayed. Specify processor_id as an individual processor number (for example, 3), multiple processor numbers separated by spaces (for example, 1 2 3), or a range of processor numbers (for example, 1-4). It is also possible to combine ranges and (indi- vidual or multiple) processor_ids (for example, 1-3 5 7-8 9). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Information About All Configured Processors in Verbose Mode The following example displays information about all configured processors in verbose mode. psrinfo -v Example 2: Determining If a Processor is On-line The following example uses psrinfo in a shell script to determine if a processor is on-line. if [ "`psrinfo -s 3 2> /dev/null`" -eq 1 ] then echo "processor 3 is up" fi Example 3: Displaying Information About the Physical Processors in the System With no additional arguments, the -p option displays a single integer: the number of physical processors in the system: > psrinfo -p 8 psrinfo also accepts command line arguments (processor IDs): > psrinfo -p 0 512 # IDs 0 and 512 exist on the 1 # same physical processor > psrinfo -p 0 1 # IDs 0 and 1 exist on different 2 # physical processors In this example, virtual processors 0 and 512 exist on the same physical processor. Virtual processors 0 and 1 do not. This is specific to this example and is and not a general rule. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), p_online(2), processor_info(2), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
psrinfo: processor 9: Invalid argument The specified processor does not exist. SunOS 5.10 21 Feb 2004 psrinfo(1M)