Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change retention of logs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers change retention of logs Post 60607 by dozy on Wednesday 19th of January 2005 09:46:39 AM
Old 01-19-2005
Sorry about that. This is Solaris 8. And thanks, found newsyslog.

regards...
dOzY

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission retention via ftp

Working out of AIX 4.3's . have machine (a) and machine (b) umask on both machines is 'umask 022'. as user root (these are trivial machines hence dummies like me have root access) when i Ftp files from a to b , why is it that I loose the original file permissions. After the ftp I have to chmod... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buRst
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retention of Variable Value when a script is called by different processes in parallel- Linux 2.6.9

Hi, I have a generic FTP script which will be called by 28 different processes in parallel (through a GUI tool) may or may not be at the exact moment (there could be a delay of about a minute or so). ./FTP.ksh 1 (1 through 28) This script after importing file from remote m/c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Retention of log data

What is the method to retain log files for 30 days in HP ...? Which files do we need to configure to alter the retention period... **Both HP11iV2 and prev Thank you for your help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu_1
0 Replies

5. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the vertical logs to horizontal line

Hi, cat log EPC-SubsId: 3333 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPA:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-GrIds: PrimaXGB_23:10 EPC-SubsId: 4444 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPB:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-SubId: 5555 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPC:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-SubsId: 6666... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
Intro(9S)						    Data Structures for Drivers 						 Intro(9S)

NAME
Intro, intro - introduction to kernel data structures and properties DESCRIPTION
Section 9P describes kernel properties used by device drivers. Section 9S describes the data structures used by drivers to share informa- tion between the driver and the kernel. See Intro(9E) for an overview of device driver interfaces. In Section 9S, reference pages contain the following headings: o NAME summarizes the purpose of the structure or property. o SYNOPSIS lists the include file that defines the structure or property. o INTERFACE LEVEL describes any architecture dependencies. o DESCRIPTION provides general information about the structure or property. o STRUCTURE MEMBERS lists all accessible structure members (for Section 9S). o SEE ALSO gives sources for further information. Of the preceding headings, Section 9P reference pages contain the NAME, DESCRIPTION, and SEE ALSO fields. Every driver MUST include <sys/ddi.h> and <sys/sunddi.h>, in that order, and as final entries. The following table summarizes the STREAMS structures described in Section 9S. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyreq |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyresp |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |datab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fmodsw |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |free_rtn |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iocblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |linkblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |module_info |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |msgb |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qband |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qinit |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queclass |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queue |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |streamtab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |stroptions |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The following table summarizes structures that are not specific to STREAMS I/O. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |aio_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |buf |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cb_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_device_acc_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_sparc |Solaris SPARC DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_x86 |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dmae_req |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_idevice_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_mapdev_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |devmap_callback_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |dev_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iovec |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_intr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_io |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_named |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |map |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modldrv |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlinkage |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlstrmod |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_address |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_arq_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_device |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_extended_sense |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_hba_tran |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_inquiry |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_pkt |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |uio |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(9E) NOTES
Do not declare arrays of structures as the size of the structures can change between releases. Rely only on the structure members listed in this chapter and not on unlisted members or the position of a member in a structure. SunOS 5.11 15 May 2001 Intro(9S)