Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clustering Two Ultra 5 Boxes
Special Forums IP Networking Clustering Two Ultra 5 Boxes Post 606 by keyur on Monday 18th of December 2000 07:35:38 PM
Old 12-18-2000
Got it Done ......!!!!!!!

Hey Neo,

Thanx a bunch for the interest shown in the problem. I realize I did not provide enough info in the first post itself. I actually got it working now. I was making the mistake of assigning the IP address of the secondary interface as a 224.x.x.x IP. That was the problem. I gave it a valid 10.10.20.x IP and it liked it and then I gave the Multicast IP in the App that I was running, and they work just fine now. The lesson is, we cannot give a Multicast IP Address directly to a interface on a SUN Box. Please correct me if I am wrong here, but thats what I felt out of all this.

Thanx a lot for ur help.

Keyur Lavingia
Network Engineer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. Solaris

I need to clone an ultra 1 onto and ultra 60

I need to move everything from an older ultra 1 onto a newer ultra 60 (OS and all) running SUNOS 5.5.1. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Frank P.S. If you know of a document somewhere please let me know. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clustering or not

I woulld like to use the JDE newest version, but I am considering whether using 2 X Wintel server with clustering or 1 Unix server without clustering. Is Unix stable enough to except the clustering? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: superlouis
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mirroring and Clustering with Veritas

Can anybody help me how to mirror the solaris 10 step-by-step with veritas. Have two disks. Then how can I cluster with veritas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karole
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

need to recall my hp serviceguard clustering

hi, do u know any link that will get back to me up to speed on hp serviceguard on clustering? thanks and much appreciated, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Clustering filesystems

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise How can I tell if "clustering" is being used in my shop? I have to file systems that are identical. These filesystems are nfs mounted. But how can I tell if they are being kept in sync as a result of clustering or some other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Clustering

hi guys Some time ago I used Linux HA(Heartbeat) to setup like 3 cluster. Now I have to install another 2 cluster and was checking more info to be sure HA was still used but I found some other stuff like OpenAIS - Corosync - Pacemaker to tell you the truth I am kinda confused here I get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies

8. Linux

Linux os clustering

Hi, I have done the OS clustering in linux redhat 5.6, my one node is down and when i am trying to reboot the other node it is not coming up. any pointer to this would be helpful. the SAN storage luns are not coming as mounted (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohitj.engg
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP-UX Clustering

Hello guys, I would like to ask for your assistance, since i am new to HP-UX. Please give me some documentation about clustering in HP-UX. More precisely design,architecture, configuring etc. I am working on my master thesis right now and would like to include some guidance about that.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bazillion
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Newbie With Linux Clustering, Need Help!!

Hi All, I am new user here and a new one to try clustering with Ubuntu nodes, and need help. If I should be in another place please mention. I have a two nodes with Ubuntu 14.04 installed on them. I need to make a cluster consisting of these two nodes with purpose of experimentation with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IncognitoExpert
3 Replies
learn(1)						      General Commands Manual							  learn(1)

NAME
learn - Provides computer-aided instruction for the C shell SYNOPSIS
learn [-directory] [subject] [lesson] The learn command provides computer-aided instruction courses and practice in the use of Tru64 UNIX. OPTIONS
Allows you to exercise a script in a nonstandard place. DESCRIPTION
To get started, enter learn; if this is the first time that you are invoking the learn command, you are guided through a series of ques- tions to determine what type of instruction you want to receive. If you have used learn before and left your last session without completing a subject, the program uses information in $HOME/.learnrc to start you up in the same place you left off. To bypass questions, enter a subject or lesson. In order to enter a lesson, you must know the lesson number that you received in a previ- ous learn command session. If you do not know the lesson number, enter the lesson number as a subject. The learn command searches for the first lesson containing the subject you specified. If the lesson is a - (dash), learn prompts for each lesson; this is useful for debug- ging. You can specify the following subjects: files editor vi morefiles macros eqn C SUBCOMMANDS
There are a few special commands. The bye command terminates a learn session, and the where command tells you of your progress (where m tells you more.) The again command redisplays the text of the lesson and again lesson lets you review lesson. The hint command prints the last part of the lesson script used to evaluate a response, while hint m prints the entire lesson script. This is useful for debugging lessons and might possibly give you an idea about what is expected. EXAMPLES
To take the online lesson about files, enter: learn files You are then prompted for further input. FILES
Playpen directories. Start-up information. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ex(1) learn(1)