Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse for errors shell script Post 60546 by bhargav on Tuesday 18th of January 2005 04:25:36 PM
Old 01-18-2005
Can we run this script by sleeping for 15 minutes and check the log
instead of running as cron job.

If you run it as script and maintain a flag variable.If page is sent set the flag as "SENT". In the next hout reset the flag to BLANK.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse data between parenthesis using shell script

Hi I am using shell script and i need to parse the data between parenthesis.How do i do it using shell script. Ex: section(name). I want to extract name from the above string using shell script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie_s
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to parse html file

hi all, i have a html file something similar to this. <tr class="evenrow"> <td class="data">added</td><td class="data">xyz@abc.com</td> <td class="data">filename.sql</td><td class="modifications-data">08/25/2009 07:58:40</td><td class="data">Added TK prof script</td> </tr> <tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script errors

hey watsup guys i am new in the shell script world. so i need help fom you guys, i have written these two codes and they both give the same errors( expr : syntax error). Code 1 : #! /bin/sh # count1 appends an increment to a file 200 times # note that a file called numbers must be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surubi_abada
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad substitution errors in shell script

Hello, I was hoping for a second pair of eyes or a little bit of help figuring out what my error is in a script. I did some searching in the forums and didn't find anything so please forgive me if it a similar problem has been discussed before. My script accepts normal user arguments; however,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackinthemox
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script to parse file

Raw Results: results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|general/udp|10287|Security Note|For your information, here is the traceroute from 192.168.2.24 to 192.168.2.1 : \n192.168.2.24\n192.168.2.1\n\n results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|ssh (22/tcp)|22964|Security Note|An SSH server is running on this port.\n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture makefile errors in shell script

Hi, I have a bash script which calls a few "make". I would like to know whether the makefile failed with any errors. How do I do that in the script? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Seek help on shell script syntax errors

I want to delete archivelog files that has been archived and applied from primary database to standby database. This piece of script is working in Linux server. However, I copy it to Unix server with tiny modification. It won't work and generate the error message. I have checked code carefullt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for conky getting errors....

So I have a script that does a greater than or less than with a variable. My problem is that when I checked the script from the command line I was getting this error.. I am not really familiar with shell scripting. I am trying to get this script to work with conky so that it will do the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisdeniseriley
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to turn off ora errors in shell script?

I have a shell script which select total count from a table and use its value in a if condition like below connect_string="username/password@tnsname" tot=`sqlplus -s $connect_string << EOF set echo off set feedback off set head off select count(*) from test_table; EOF ` if then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if condition validations-Shell Script

Hello All, i am facing difficulty in validating the values, kindly help me in resolving the issue. Thanks a lot in advance. -Chandra Script:Test.sh #! /bin/sh # *************************************************************************** # Function to display help function usage()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duddukuri
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)