Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris after patch, telnet not working Post 60465 by antalexi on Monday 17th of January 2005 05:25:58 PM
Old 01-17-2005
Looks like the problem is resolved regarding the ufsdump issue. It was explained to me using very techie jargon, but the network admin that I spoke to made a few changes to a "policy setting", checked that rsh from apples worked ok, and pronounced it "fixed". He told me to run the ufsdump (which is now working) and let him know in the morning if the logs show successful dumps.

This should close the thread out, but I'm left wondering "What would cause the rsh to stop working after the patch?" I'll have to look further into the patch docs to see if rsh is affected.

Thanks RTM for the help. I know more about /etc/hosts.equiv and /.rhosts to know that those two files were correctly populated with the apple host name on oranges to know that it should have worked.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP/TELNET on linux, not working

I'm trying to ftp to my linux box from windows and from unix and its not working. I can telnet just fine, but ftp doesn't work. Where should I start looking? What config file is it that controls the ftp? Why does telnet work and ftp not? I'm using redhat 6.1, samba's working for browsing the... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
33 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet login patch

Hello Everybody: I want to make a patch that telnet me directly to a specific IP with the specidied username and password. I tried the following : ------------------------------------------ telnet 10.11.161.10 user pass ---------------------------------------------------- but didnt log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet is not working properly

telnet at my system is behaving stange. Some times I am able to telnet to other machines but sometimes it stop doing that. Then i have to reboot the machine and most of the time (not 100%) it works. SImilar is the case with SSH. Sometime it works , some time it don't. i am new to Unix and I do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepak_pathania
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

10 Recommended Patch Not Working

Hello, The 10_Recommended update failed on 3 of 191, which was patch 119254-73 (the 1st 2 patches were skipped). I looked up the patch on Sunsolve (http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-119254), which stated that 121133-02 was a required patch for 119254-73. I did a "showrev... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
7 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ANT: Telnet is not working

I am trying the below ANT telnet task: <telnet userid="appldev" password="techm123" server="${BT_Server}"> <read>/u01/appldev/devappl/po/11.5.0/reports</read> <!--write>cd /u01/appldev/devappl/po/11.5.0/reports/</write--> <write>ls</write> <read... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
0 Replies

8. Solaris

telnet and ssh not working .... but it pinging in Solaris 8

hi Everyone telnet and ssh not working in Solaris 8 .... but it pinging.... i also checked /etc/services /etc/inet/inetd.conf ps -ef | grep telnet ans default router ... everythinking is ok .... when i connect telnet then suddently closed ... and ssh is connection refused ... help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboys
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

telnet for port 5433 is not working while it works for port 22

Hi, I am trying to set up a dev environment and I have Ubuntu server (10.16.1.92) and a CentOS VM (10.16.3.235) on this. On the CentOS I have a program running on port 5433. Now my problem is that I am unable to telnet this port from another Windows server whereas I can telnet port 22 from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
5 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						CDBS Documentation						CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)