Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows Services for UNIX
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows Services for UNIX Post 60387 by Perderabo on Sunday 16th of January 2005 11:54:08 AM
Old 01-16-2005
I use it. It has pdksh and most of the gnu utilities. There is a lot of info on the link you published, especially on TechNet. Also more SFU tools are available here.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Services On Unix

Greetings All, Telnet has stopped working on one of my servers and I need to restart it. But I don't know the command for it in UNIX. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmasters
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Services for Unix

I just installed Services for Unix on a Windows 2003 DC. I have a Debian box with Samba shares for our storage drive. I'm trying to test a Linux client. She is unable to read or write from the Samba shares. Her login is being mapped to the same name from NIS to AD. She can login from a windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dawningtech
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows services for unix - How do I run in batch

I just installed Windows Services for Unix. I want to create a ksh program and schedule it using the Windows scheduler. How would I go about doing it? What would the command line look like? Do I always have to be in a ksh shell to run the batch program even if it is not scheduled? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unix services for windows & Linux\Red Hat

I am not too familiar with linux, so please keep that in mind while reading this post. We have a few linux servers joined to the domain, and linux services for windows running. I have a user that can connect to one linux server, but not another. I ran the cat /etc/passwrd and noticed the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcatcha
0 Replies
PMSIGNAL(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PMSIGNAL(1)

NAME
pmsignal - send a signal to one or more processes SYNOPSIS
$PCP_BINADM_DIR/pmsignal [-a|-l] [-n] [-s signal] [PID ...|name ...] DESCRIPTION
pmsignal provides a cross-platform event signalling mechanism for use with tools from the Performance Co-Pilot toolkit. It can be used to send a named signal (only HUP, USR1, TERM, and KILL are accepted). to one or more processes. The processes are specified using PID or the binary name (with -a option). If a signal is not specified, then the TERM signal will be sent. On Linux and UNIX platforms, pmsignal is a simple wrapper around the kill(1) command. On Windows, the is no direct equivalent to this mechanism, and so an alternate mechanism has been implemented - this is only honoured by PCP tools, however, not all Windows utilities. PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
kill(1), killall(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMSIGNAL(1)