Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "Operation not permitted" when copying directories Post 60350 by locustfurnace on Saturday 15th of January 2005 01:20:46 PM
Old 01-15-2005
what does, cp -R *, produce?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" if I try to link static?

Hello, I am trying to port some testtools we wrote from solaris to redhat linux(AMD64). If I link dynamic, set the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH, everything runs fine. If I try to link static, the pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" (error code 1). Does anybody have an idea where to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Micky
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir"

Dear friends, please tell me how to find the files which are existing in the current directory, but it sholud not search in the sub directories.. it is like this, current directory contains file1, file2, file3, dir1, dir2 and dir1 conatins file4, file5 and dir2 contains file6,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to generalize "=" operation

is it possible to write a script that will automate the initialization for variables for following scenario, x="hi i am student" y="(yy={0})" z="set={0},type=People,country=hi" a=1 for all combination it should assign values for yy , set , type , country , a here in this case,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User gets "The operation could not be completed because you do not have enough access privileges."

Does anyone know why this could be happening? User tries to save into a directory, but gets the error message. I checked permissions on directory and see the following: drwxrwxr-x 10 root pm 1024 Nov 22 14:46 Folder 1 drwxrwxr-x 10 root pm 1024 Oct 19 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scrivic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
AFINITSAMPLEFORMAT(3)													     AFINITSAMPLEFORMAT(3)

NAME
afInitSampleFormat, afInitByteOrder, afInitChannels, afInitRate - initialize audio data format for a track in an audio file setup SYNOPSIS
#include <audiofile.h> void afInitSampleFormat(AFfilesetup setup, int track, int sampleFormat, int sampleWidth); void afInitByteOrder(AFfilesetup setup, int track, int byteOrder); void afInitChannels(AFfilesetup setup, int track, int channels); void afInitRate(AFfilesetup setup, int track, double rate); PARAMETERS
setup is a valid file setup returned by afNewFileSetup(3). track specifies a track within the audio file setup. track is always AF_DEFAULT_TRACK for all currently supported file formats. sampleFormat is a symbolic constant specifying the sample format for the audio data in the track. sampleFormat must be one of AF_SAMPFMT_TWOSCOMP, AF_SAMPFMT_UNSIGNED, AF_SAMPFMT_FLOAT, or AF_SAMPFMT_DOUBLE. sampleWidth is a positive integer specifying the number of bits for each sample in the track. byteOrder is a symbolic constant specifying the byte order of the track. byteOrder must be one of AF_BYTEORDER_BIGENDIAN or AF_BYTEORDER_LITTLEENDIAN. channels is a positive integer specifying the number of channels in the track. rate is a positive double-precision floating-point number specifying the sample rate of the track. DESCRIPTION
afInitSampleFormat initializes the track to the specified sample format and sample width. afInitByteOrder initializes the track to the specified byte order. afInitChannels initializes the track to the specified number of channels. afInitRate initializes the track to the specified sample rate. ERRORS
afInitSampleFormat, afInitByteOrder, afInitChannels, and afInitRate can produce the following errors: AF_BAD_FILESETUP setup represents an invalid file setup. AF_BAD_TRACK track represents an invalid track identifier. afInitSampleFormat can also produce the following errors: AF_BAD_SAMPFMT sampleFormat does not represent a valid sample format. AF_BAD_WIDTH sampleWidth is not a valid sample width. afInitByteOrder can also produce the following error: AF_BAD_BYTEORDER byteOrder does not represent a valid byte order. afInitChannels can also produce the following error: AF_BAD_CHANNELS channels specifies an invalid number of channels. afInitRate can also produce the following error: AF_BAD_RATE rate specifies an invalid sample rate. SEE ALSO
afNewFileSetup(3), afInitFileFormat(3), afInitCompression(3), afOpenFile(3) AUTHOR
Michael Pruett <michael@68k.org> Audio File Library 0.3.6 03/06/2013 AFINITSAMPLEFORMAT(3)