Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X windows on win32
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users X windows on win32 Post 60283 by pressy on Friday 14th of January 2005 05:30:10 AM
Old 01-14-2005

i'm using for that purpose hummingbird but it is very expencive....
the low cost/opensource way is cygwin:
http://www.cygwin.com/
you can run a xserver and there is a possibility for a whole XDMCP session...

greetings pressy

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Win32 VC++ DebugBreak in Linxu

Hi, Is there is any debugging solution in Linux similar to Win32's VC++ DebugBreak() call. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script using Win32::IEAutomation

Hi Folks, I am using Perl module Win32::IEAutomation for automating a web page which is implented using iceface. I am trying to click on a image which has the following html code: <input alt="Incidents" class="iceCmdBtn" id="_id68:_id79" name="_id68:_id79" onblur="setFocus('');"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl win32::ieautomation

Hi friends, I am using win32::ieautomation to automate portal Please help me with below line of code: my $target_cell = $table_object->tableCells(2, 5); what is $table_object in above line I am using $browser->getTable('id:', "table_id")->tableCells(2,5); The error I get is can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Perl in Win32

Dear, Did anybody knnow how to run the Perl script or whatever mean for testing the script in Windows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

win32::IEAutomation

Hi folks, what is the command used to click on the 'x' button of popup browser window in perl windows.I am using WIN32::IEAutomation module. Please any one can help on this.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyo123.jyothi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

MS Outlook + Win32::OLE

Hey guys, I'm trying to go through my emails in Outlook until I find an email with a certain subject line. I am able to send emails with no problem, but reading emails and their properties (From, Subject, etc.) is my main problem. Basically, I don't know where to start and using search engines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Details about WIN32::OLE

Hi all, Is win32::OLE module is applicable in linux system??? from my understanding it is not possible..because we have to use some tools for that..for more info refer this website http://oclug.on.ca/archives/oclug/2001-July/008100.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X-Win32 not working

I am trying to export windows display to my unix SunOS I have Windows server 2000 which has X-Win32 v6 installed. I start X-Win32. I then go to configure session with the following details. 1. host name: myhost 2. command: xterm -ls 3 username: user1 4 password: password Then i right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)