Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion Post 60240 by Neo on Thursday 13th of January 2005 10:42:07 AM
Old 01-13-2005
Try it now and let me know either way....

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill script discussion

Does anybody got an idea to write a script to kill a long list of processes automatic? I got try this: ps -ef | grep 'my_name' After that, I used the "kill -9 PID". It seems like quite inefficient if I got a long list of processes need to terminate or kill it :( Thanks a lot for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion culture

I want to start a small thread about discussion culture. From the past experience in different fora, I have little hope that any will come out of it. But I'll try it anyway, hoping to contributing to an improvement on the topic. I do not want to discuss a specific technical question, but only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux						 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)

NAME
upgrade-system - Command for upgrading and sanitizing a Debian system SYNOPSIS
upgrade-system DESCRIPTION
upgrade-system is an APT front-end that simplifies regular upgrading of Debian systems, only requiring an administrator's intervention whenever updated packages necessitate the configuration of new features. USAGE
upgrade-system is run from the command line shell by the administrator. It performs the following actions: o Resynchronize the list of available packages. o Upgrade all packages to their newest version. o Remove all obsolete package dependencies. o Clean retrieved archives off the APT cache. ENVIRONMENT
Setting the FLAUSCH environment variable enables useful advanced system sanitization features. See upgrade-system.conf(5) for more details. FILES
/etc/upgrade-system.conf AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Martin Zdrahal <martin.zdrahal@konflux.at> Copyright (C) 2004,2012 Christoph Schindler <hop@30hopsmax.at> Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Martin-Eric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi> LICENSE
GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. SEE ALSO
apt(8), upgrade-system.conf(5). http://q-funk.iki.fi 2004-02-16 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)