Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remot restart
Operating Systems Solaris Remot restart Post 60159 by zazzybob on Tuesday 11th of January 2005 04:30:25 PM
Old 01-11-2005
Very good advice, RTM!

init state 6 will cause the server to reboot and come up to whatever runlevel is specified in /etc/inittab as initdefault (probably 3).

So a command such as
shutdown -y -g0 -i6

should do the trick - you might want to set the grace period (0 secs here) to something a little more forgiving for your users!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

sshd restart

need some clarification: if i ssh to the server & i restart the sshd process, did my connection gone? one more thing, there are a few sshd processes in aix, how do i restart it all to read new config? using HUP? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with mount remot..!!

hi all... when I try to mount filesystem on solaris appear me Permission denied this is do it: mount -F nfs <remote file system> <mount point> mount -f nfs remot_server:/share /share when i run this line: nfs mount: server_remoto:/share: Permission denied what i need to do? Regards.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to restart a CRON

If my cron has recieved a SIGTERM. How do I restart the cron? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddrivera
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Restart

I am really really new on UNIX system. I am trying to update our e-mail list. I added/deleted new members at etc/aliases but e-amil always got old e-mail lists. I reloaded postmaster but does not seem to be working. Anybody has any idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarrana
4 Replies

5. SuSE

Restart process

I have a process that gradually eats up memory, it's currently at 80.2% and slowing down the linux server > ps aux | grep SNMPME root 3129 0.0 80.2 3591752 2480700 ? Sl Feb13 5:04 /opt/nampe/lib/snmpme/SNMPME config/startup.xml Is there a command I can execute to restart this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

configur a remot acssas server in redhat linux

how to configur a remot acssas server in redhat linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinbhagat
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart a Service!!

Hello, I am trying to write a script which will monitor few processes(winbind) for cpu utilization, If the process consumes more than say 99% cpu for 3 minutes, I want to run a script to restart the service which forks the process. ---------- Post updated at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous update... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restart a Daemon

Dear expert, How do i restart a daemon ? I know to use the kill <PID> command to shut down the daemon. But after terminate the daemon, how to restart it back ? :confused: Please advice, many thanks in advance !!! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kseng2002
2 Replies

9. Solaris

sysedge restart

on a solaris box, if somebody restarts sysedge, which log file (path) can we look at to determine if sysedge was restarted or not? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

10. Solaris

sshd not able to restart

Hi, I was able to putty a few server (Solaris 10) of mine using hostname, but when i change to ip address, it shows login as: root Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password: Access denied I change PermitRootLogin to yes. I tried to do a sshd restart, however ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)