Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Meaning of ; in UNIX file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Meaning of ; in UNIX file? Post 60153 by dangral on Tuesday 11th of January 2005 01:46:26 PM
Old 01-11-2005
Hmmm.....can you post some of the code? I can't remember offhand, but I think ; is comment in sqr.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning of unix-rt ldp file type

Hello I was wondering what this file type means... assuming it is some type of data. Is ldp - Linux Doc Program? What type of program would be used to read or interpret this file type? As you can see I'm not a developer, and don't review these types of files. But would like to view... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfmrts
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oot: Level 2 Unix Support? meaning

Hi all, I am sorry, I know this is not correct forum/silly question (usually this is requirement in some vacancies), but i hope someone can explain to me, what is the meaning of : SUN Tier 3 Support Tier 3 Application Installation Level 2 Solaris Level 2 AD MOM + DBA Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of $_

Hi, Can somebody tell the usage of "$_" cd $_ ? and ls $_ ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of '$#' in Unix

All, In the below mentioned piece of code : if test $# -eq 1 then echo "Input parameter passed into DMI_weekly.ksh..." | tee -a $RUNLOG typeset -u ORACLE_SID export ORACLE_SID="$1" else echo "ERROR 060: Arguments passed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of each term in stty -a in unix

Hi, Can someone help me with the meaning of each term in the below command in unix: stty-aRegds, I have searched google for a lot for this, but didnt get any success in this. Kunwar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
2 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the meaning of the character x in /etc/shadow file?

what is the meaning of the character x in /etc/shadow file which is lying in the encrypted password column.. i need this urgently (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJ2176
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Script - snipet meaning?

What would the below code snippet mean? my ($_configParam, $_paramValue) = split(/\s*=\s*/, $_, 2); $configParamHash{$_configParam} = $_paramValue; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaKha
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

&& meaning in UNIX

Hi Team, I know that "&" holds the result of current pattern match. But what does "&&" means and its use please? Thanks & Regards, Batta Archana (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Archana Batta
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of file name ending with .$$?

Hello Sirs, I'm trying to understand what does it mean when a file name ends with ".$$" Like in the below snippet. if ; then cat /tmp/input0.$$ >> $filename Please help me understand it. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookee
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of ## in UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I am new to unix shell scripting and I was documenting one of the unix script and encountered below statements - for ii in `ls -1rt /oracle/admin/MARSCOPY/ext_files/fpm-ifpm/*.small.txt | tail -1 | awk '{print $1}'` do smallssim=${ii##/oracle/admin/MARSCOPY/ext_files/fpm-ifpm/}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuklajayb4
2 Replies
BLAZE-REMOVE(1) 					    BlazeBlogger Documentation						   BLAZE-REMOVE(1)

NAME
blaze-remove - removes a post or page from the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-remove [-fipqPV] [-b directory] id... blaze-remove -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-remove removes a blog post or a page with the specified id from the BlazeBlogger repository. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-remove to remove a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-remove to remove a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Disables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. This is the default option. -i, --interactive Enables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
Remove a blog post: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 Successfully removed the post with ID 10. Remove a page: ~]$ blaze-remove -p 4 Successfully removed the page with ID 4. Remove multiple blog posts: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 4 6 Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. Remove multiple blog posts safely: ~]$ blaze-remove -i 10 4 6 Remove the post with ID 10 titled `Debian and Fedora Packages'? y Remove the post with ID 4 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.0 RC2'? y Remove the post with ID 6 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.1'? y Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-REMOVE(1)