Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CPU Part Number from the command line (Solaris 8) Post 60123 by hugo_perez on Monday 10th of January 2005 09:35:17 PM
Old 01-10-2005
CPU Part Number from the command line (Solaris 8)

How Could I get the CPU Part Number from the Solaris command prompt? (Solaris 8 E4500 Server)

Thanks in advance. Hugo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

making sure a command line paramter is a number

i need to make sure that a command line paramter is with in a certin set of numbers and i dont know how todo it with out checking individual numbers. if test $1 -eq (need something here) then echo hi fi like if i put individual numbers in there it works fine but how do i do a range (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display full unix path as part of the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

4. Solaris

cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris

Can anyone tell me difference between cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris & how FSS will work with cpu-caps ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for picking a part of line

Hello Friends I want to use sed command to pick a part of line. FOr example I only need the /home_put1/bidds/myfo part of following line fish://ulavet@rits1.ula.com.tr/home_put1/bidds/myfo How can I do this bu using sed command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

7. AIX

Number of CPU & Number of Core

root:/> # lscfg -vp|grep -c -E 'proc.*Processor' 8 root:/> # lscfg -vpl sysplanar0 | grep -i way 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : I have this output and need to know how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line number using UNIX command?

Hi, I am working on Shell script and I have a .dat file in which I want to add line numbers. Please see below example file Input File: 19523479811841494432C2013052700000000 19523479811730333980A2013052700000000 19523479811417044397I2013052700000000 19523479811205895810A2013052700000000... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)